So any one else cut the cord?

Rally Man

:
6 hanging with the 5's
I've been with out "normal" OTA TV for the past 5 years or so. I get all my shows from the net, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu and some of the network streams (CBS, NBC, CW, etc). There was a time that I really wanted cable, more then anything because of TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery, History Channel and other channels like them. Well they've all turn to rubbish.

When ever I visit family and see what's on TV, I just get put off by it even more! Plus my daughter can see her classic cartoons (Disney, Tom and Jerry, Loony Tunes) on YouTube, cause most of the modern toons are rubbish too. The other thing that has put me off from normal TV is shows that I start to like a show, only to have it cancelled in a season or two. I rather wait for a couple of seasons and then it will pop up on Netflix and I'll have a marathon week :D.

So anyone else?

Yep, I'm about to turn in my cable boxes just to get rid of the clutter. I get superbasic cable that was only $12 a month difference after getting a 75/35 fios plan. I really new to get a better router and run ethernet from the ONT on the back of the house... because it's definitely the bottleneck- and since I won't have to feed the cable boxes with guide and ondemand data... I can use anything I want! Weeee!

But yes, Netflix, VUDU, Redbox, Amazon, and Hulu and BT fill all my needs since TV is still married to an outdated distribution network. HBO needs to cut the cord too so I can buy it as an add-on to Netflix or somesuch.

We, that is to say my family, have been TV free for four years now. We had nothing at all for the first two years, just bought DVDs when we felt like watching something. Now we have a Roku and Amazon Prime. The best part is that my daughters ADHD has largely subsided without the TV (which to be honest was never turned off in our house) I can hardly stand to watch OTA TV anymore, the commercials all seem like they are screaming at me...

Back