snapped my shifter???!!

shifted into third today and my shifter went flat popped the console out and find that i snapped that b**** ass shift rod mazda gives you. moral of the story easy with your shifts boys...

one of my friends did the same thing a while back mazda didnt warranty it because it was the first time it has ever happened or some bs he broke his in half and i shifted so hard one time my linkage came comepletely apart i was stuck in third

damn, that must suck. Why don't you thread the top and turn it into a short shifter!!!!

j/k, so get a real shifter.

shifted into third today and my shifter went flat popped the console out and find that i snapped that b**** ass shift rod mazda gives you. moral of the story easy with your shifts boys...

Were you trying to punch your center console and you forgot to take your hand off the shift knob?

Were you trying to punch your center console and you forgot to take your hand off the shift knob?

125 lbs of pure steel baby, haha naw i just always have slammed gears real hard mazda is warranty it thank god but driving it off the linkage is a real good time haha...

funny you post this .. a friend of mine just did this in his WRX on thursday! snapped it right at the base of the shifter. Good thing he had a short throw at his house from his old 08 wrx. however, he does have like 90000 miles on it. i think im gonna get some re-bar and weld it to my shifter base lol. no breaking that!

All I have to say is **** Mazda. I'm dealing with them through my dealership right now and they actually fail at everything.

Back