SMS Text feature problems

715arbalest

:
2014 Mazda 3i grand touring
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the SMS text feature in there mazda 3's. I have the 3i grand touring and when I pair my phone to Bluetooth and go into the connectivity menu, the text and email icons are blacked out. I have an iPhone 5 and I can't figure out why it's not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2014 Mazda 3i grand touring - snowflake white pearl

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the SMS text feature in there mazda 3's. I have the 3i grand touring and when I pair my phone to Bluetooth and go into the connectivity menu, the text and email icons are blacked out. I have an iPhone 5 and I can't figure out why it's not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2014 Mazda 3i grand touring - snowflake white pearl

There was another forum post (can't find it now) where the iPhone doesn't support this basically.

Once again apple decides to use their own system which is incompatible with everyone else. Get yourself a nexus 5 :)

With my Lumia 1020, those also don't light up, but the car will hand the audio over to my phone when a text comes in I can interact with the phone using voice to listen and respond to texts.

This may be helpful for those on iOS.
http://**********************/showthread.php?t=559626
"The rep did say to make sure these two settings were toggled
1. On the Bluetooth screen it the circled 'I' icon and turn ON the 'show notifications' (mine was off by default).
2. In the messaging settings make sure you can "View text while screen is locked". Turn this on."

With my Lumia 1020, those also don't light up, but the car will hand the audio over to my phone when a text comes in I can interact with the phone using voice to listen and respond to texts.

1. On the Bluetooth screen it the circled 'I' icon and turn ON the 'show notifications' (mine was off by default).
2. In the messaging settings make sure you can "View text while screen is locked". Turn this on."

yea it definitely handles the audio and ingoing and outgoing calls. but the no messages or e-mail. sigh. thanks everyone for the input

Following these directions the incoming text feature works perfectly on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7. It displays incoming texts and it will read them to me.

Hah. I just noticed that M3F is a swear word. LOL

Anyway, hopefully these steps work for most folks.

iPhone 5: no luck so far for SMS. I'll try the suggestion on the BT screen and report.

Using the step nitsuj posted, I got the SMS to work! But the email still downs work and the phone skips messages sometimes. I did get one email notification through the phone but haven't gotten it to work again. Will post if I figure it out. Thanks for the help!

Is anyone using a Galaxy Nexus and have they gotten the email/SMS to work? For whatever reason I can't get it the car to receive or the texts

Is anyone using a Galaxy Nexus and have they gotten the email/SMS to work? For whatever reason I can't get it the car to receive or the texts

Galaxy nexus doesn't support Bluetooth MAP so it won't work...unless Google brings android 4.4 over to it

Can confirm the changes worked for me as well!

The above iPhone settings worked for me to. Note, you need to receive a new text message while connected for it to start working. I had done the settings and the text messages was grayed out still but the other day when driving received a new text and it lit up on the display and had option to read and update text messages.

Does anyone know if it will display texts from 2 phones at same time or just bluetooth phone at top of list (preferred one). Guess I need to look at moving to one phone so I don't need to decide which one to use in the car for BT.

Back