Size of the stock speakers?

1sty said:
MOck it up and then fill it with packing peanuts. Then put those peanuts in a gallon or 5 gallon bucket and use the gallon to liter conversion to determin what space you have.
really? styrofoam peanuts? Hmm... sounds wacky.

krstofer said:
really? styrofoam peanuts? Hmm... sounds wacky.
Its actualy very acurate. Don't crush or pack them, in, just pour them in and move them into the cracks or tight places. If your making a sealed box then don't be terribly concerned as + or - 10% is not typicly audible.

how a sub sounds is dependant on the box, a crappy sub in a perfect box will sound better then a 1000$ sub in a crappy box. proper size is everything. the sub should come with instructions telling you the required airspace it needs. 1sty has it right for measuring fiberglass, or u can also use sand, or popcorn, or anything like that that u can pour in and pour out easily.

1sty said:
Its actualy very acurate. Don't crush or pack them, in, just pour them in and move them into the cracks or tight places. If your making a sealed box then don't be terribly concerned as + or - 10% is not typicly audible.

When they tell you the specifications, is the recommended volume of the enclosure including the displacement of the driver or without it?

~Bart~

The spec is usualy listing the required volume he driver needs and does not take into acount the displacement of the driver.

Ok, I have a question I should have probably asked already..

Why use an LOC instead of using eh hig level inputs on an amp?

krstofer said:
Ok, I have a question I should have probably asked already..

Why use an LOC instead of using eh hig level inputs on an amp?

For one thing, you'll have a larger variety in the amps that you can add to your system if you go with an LOC.

1sty said:
The spec is usualy listing the required volume he driver needs and does not take into acount the displacement of the driver.

Okay - thanks, I didn't know that. That adds some trickery to figuring out the dimensions... any tips?

Bart

bvmazda3 said:
Okay - thanks, I didn't know that. That adds some trickery to figuring out the dimensions... any tips?

Bart
Add the subs dispamcent voluem to the needed air space volume.

What do you think of the MTX MXA6001 amp for my sub?
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8865&qp=0&oid=90872&m=0

I have this sub:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCRFP3210

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Size: 10 inch[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 0.38 - 1.75 cu.ft.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Rec. Ported Box Dims: 0.75 - 1.75 cu.ft.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Free Air Usage: not recommended[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Sensitivity: 85 dB[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Frequency Response: 30-400 Hz[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Recommended RMS Power: 400W[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Peak Power Handling: 800W[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Impedance: dual 4 ohms[/font]

I think fosgate is the winner... I never heard of that site.. Iw ill be checking it out for speakers too!

Thanks ER!

Krs

Back