Side marker lights

Yeah...seems like Mazda would keep them since it allows cars in the adjacent lanes know when your changing lanes. Baffling.

Last edited:
Buy the fenders from the '08-'09 with the holes...though they are surface mounted and not recessed like my other vehicle, so it may just be a matter of buying the lights and drilling a couple holes. Maybe someone would be kind enough to remove their inner fender cover and get a picture of the backside.

i tought about that too but the 2010 headlights has a diff shape so the fenders wont fit

Who told you that? The '10 model is externally the same as the '08-'09. The only difference is the lack of side signals and body molding on the doors. The headlights are the same.

I'm pretty sure the side markers are similar (or even identical) to the ones on the Mz3. If so then you'd need to cut out a whole for the housing which is basically a large round hole with a rectangular slot going off to one side. The housing just clips onto the sheet metal. After that you'd just need to run wiring to the side marker from the turn signal and plug it in (well, you'd actually need to plug it in before putting it in the hole but you get what I mean :)).

Even if the 3 and 5 have different oval side markers you could still cut the hole for a 3 light on the 5's panel.

Back