Side impact airbags

nesteremily

:
Volvo S80
I'm looking at a spicy orange 2003 Mazdaspeed protege and I know side impact airbags weren't regulation but does anyone know if they were an option? Parents won't let me buy a car without them as they want me to be safe and the owner has no idea if the car has them or not. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side airbags were not an option on the Mazdaspeeds, but that is a pretty ridiculous reason to not buy the car. I have seen some nasty wrecks in MSPs that people have walked away from. The spicys are also extremely rare so if you do get one please take care of it and be careful and don't total it.

Side airbags were not an option on the Mazdaspeeds, but that is a pretty ridiculous reason to not buy the car. I have seen some nasty wrecks in MSPs that people have walked away from. The spicys are also extremely rare so if you do get one please take care of it and be careful and don't total it.

I'm a very careful and I would say good driver. I'm 18 but parents have to cosign a loan so it's not up to me. I've raced since I was little(go karts and now stock cars) so I know what I'm doing but that's all the more reason they want side impact airbags because of the nasty crashes they've seen

I actually told my mom I would put racing seats in it but she doesn't think that's as good

Buy a P5 and turbocharge it. Done and done.

No thanks..id rather spend less on a car that already has a turbo or at least more power than spending 2k+ to get the p5 up to 180hp..my moms Volvo has more power than that lol

Then buy a Volvo and put 'racing seats' in it. LOL

Just trying to help. The P5 has those oh-so-coveted side airbags, that's why I mentioned it.

This car isn't even what I was looking for I just happened to find it and I like it.

Once you own it you will really like it, side airbags aren't going to make that big of a difference one way or the other in a serious wreck.

Latest posts

Back