Show me your CX-5 wheels

Just switched my wheels over from my 14 Mazda 6. Definitely look better than the factory touring wheels! The factory 19's look soo nice, yet the touring ones are so ugly.

Attachments

• 16.5 Mazda CX-5.JPG
    16.5 Mazda CX-5.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 581
Here is a quick snap of my current setup -

19x8.5 Buddy Club P1 Racing II's powdercoated

245/50/19 Firestone Wide Oval

ca5e7a4373461cb0f192e06c3468140b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, they look really nice (assuming they're real Buddy Clubs). What's the offset?

Hello. I found this forum very helpful to get my new 2016.5 CX5 they way i "hopefully" like it! ( http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ire-Fitments&p=6468310&viewfull=1#post6468310 ) I love the car, but the OEM 17's weren't gonna cut it!! I Need something a bit sportier/aggressive looking.

After seeing an ebay auction for some 19inch Mazda 6 GT rims cycle with out a sale, I made the seller an offer that he accepted! GREAT deal on the rims, that allowed me to have the rims refinished to remove the curb rash, and paint them, and still be under budget! Love ebay...

So here's where Im at so far....rims and tires (265/50/19) will be mated and mounted tomorrow. So I'll post pics then.

I decided to try to mimic the "hyper silver" color WITHOUT going the 3 stage paint job route, this way, if I curb them, I can just hit them with some touch up and live with it. Center hub covers were painted to match.

This was the "worst" of the 4...only 2 had curb rash, and this was the deepest. not bad at all.

attachment.php

Center hubs before
attachment.php

Center hubs after (note: they do match the paint pictured below, but this was taken out of the sun, so it looks different)
attachment.php

This was the paint chip I decided to go with. You can see the OEM light gray of the rim in the background.
attachment.php

Here's a pic of the painted rim in the sun. IM very happy with the outcome. We painted the entire rim, not just the "spokes". The dish and well were painted. Ive seen a lot of people that skimp out and just paint the dish/front of the wheel. Im not a fan of that look.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5,018
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5,070
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5,025
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 5,061
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 5,059
Last edited:
I have the mazda 6 gt rims mounted on my meteor gray cx-5 as well, I really like the look over the stock 19's, it's subtle but noticeable difference.

6poop3.jpg
qswc3r.jpg

Last edited:
Im thrilled... very happy. 265/50/19's are a great ride. I put about 200 miles from both highway speeds and back roads. Excellent ride, no difference to me what so ever. Speedo at 80 indicated on dial, is GPS 83 actual. Exactly as expected.

Enough jibber-jabber...here are the pics in a BEFORE/AFTER format:

Full Side
attachment.php

attachment.php

Back
attachment.php

attachment.php

After cleaning the tires and dressing with tire shine.
attachment.php

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I think 18s are the sweet spot for CX-5s.

Im gonna have to respectfully disagree!!

My 'opinion' (fwiw):

19's fill the wheel well and round out the proportions to give the CX5 an aggressive athletic stance. Our cars are crossovers, not street cars, so it should stand a bit high, and should NOT have street performance (low profile) tires; its a crossover, not a lambo, put some meat on the rims!

I stuffed 265/50/19's on mine...didnt touch the suspension (ride height). Tire dosent look like the wheel well is sucking the life out of it! As a bonus, if wifey borrows the car, im not afraid of her curb-rash'n the rims either!

Having said all that, I respect that to each their own, and I'm glad were all here showing off our $hit!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I disagree, 20s are the best :) You see the pattern: 18 - 19 - 20, just joking. Now, somebody with a bigger wheel size, should disagree.

Latest posts

Back