Show me your CX-5 wheels

Lol... judging by that fender cut into the tire, you need adjustable camber and stiffer shocks up front (coilovers). Looks good though. When are you gonna change out that wimpy exhaust/tips?

Tires, never come in contact with anything, Camber angles are in spec.
The rear has to come a bit down, or the front up a bit. I may make some spacers, between the strut tover and strut, or cut down a bit, from the rear springs.
I'm not convinced, that coilovers would change a lot, to be worth it.
I have just purchased a house in San Dimas(near Raging Waters), so I'm busy with that, but I'm thinking about the CS exhaust.....and a hobby car.

This looks like a fender rub dude. I had the exact same thing when I was messing with damper settings before I adjusted the camber a bit. Or maybe just some mark that looks the same.

attachment.php

You talking about those white lines? Those are some reflections. I don't have any issues, no weird noises anything.
In the beginning, I have bottomed out twice, because I did not readjust my driving style, after dropping the car this low.
Since than, everything is good.

new to the forum, but thought I would post my new rims I just put on a few days ago...
Wheels: Ray's Wheels Homura 2x9's 19x9's
Tires: Yokohama 740 GTX
image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Thanks, I'm hoping to order an aftermarket exhaust for it in the next few weeks... looking at the HKS, Racing Beat, and Corksport exhausts.
I'm also considering doing a Air Ride Suspension kit on it, I found a kit by a company out where I live that makes one specifically for the CX-5, so I'm planning on talking to them about the kit.

Which company is that?

A company called KSport, they are based on the West Coast, in Arizona. They make several different packages as well, from executive being the fastest control, to basic package, I think the difference is only a few seconds though.

I did a search last night and found another company as well here in the States that makes one.
Hope this helps!

I've been looking into air suspension as well. k-sport and d2 racing make plug and play kits. I've been looking at bagriders.com They have a lot of options and use the d2 racing shocks (and bags if i remember correctly), your choice of compressors, tanks and management and are decently priced (in my opinion). very popular company in the euro scene.

I'll have to check out the website, I haven't heard of it before. I tried looking overseas for a kit, but haven't been able to find much (Japan). Tried going through a car shop, they called around and no kits are specifically available for the CX-5 yet. But thanks for the info!

Finally got my wheels and tires on and I'm really happy with the results. The ride is quiet, smooth and stable on the street. I have yet to try them off-road.

Specs:
17x8 Motegi Racing Custom Shop MR224 with matte black centers and gloss smoked lips.

245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W All-Terrain

dcec7eeb14bd2dbc3b88ea5694db9b3d.jpg
441fd80a63dd7e11c6e2b4a031438e0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got my wheels and tires on and I'm really happy with the results. The ride is quiet, smooth and stable on the street. I have yet to try them off-road.

Specs:
17x8 Motegi Racing Custom Shop MR224 with matte black centers and gloss smoked lips.

Love that look!

Here is a quick snap of my current setup -

19x8.5 Buddy Club P1 Racing II's powdercoated

245/50/19 Firestone Wide Oval

ca5e7a4373461cb0f192e06c3468140b.jpg

Specs:

Big fan of that look man, real nice! Would love know how it performs off-road

Back