Show me your CX-5 wheels

i'm thinking of figuring out a deal with autorimshop.com. has anyone else done this before? they currently have free shipping & carry 4 of the 2015 grand touring silver wheels at a flat rate of $900. they also offer a rebate program where they will buy your old stock rims from you. they are based in farmingdale, new york. hoping i can work out an even exchange or have them send over 50% of the difference in price for my brand new/fresh off the lot 2016.5 black grand touring wheels. that way i have some money for purchasing some more accessories at the mazda dealership. let me know your thoughts.

You would be much better off buying aftermarket rims. I know when I bought my aftermarket rims here in the USA, they were about 1/3 of the cost of factory 19's and look better. I think my 4 rims were about $390 or so.

TSW Donnington 22x9 265/35/22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0950.jpg

IMAG0949.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

I was wondering what offset youre running on those TSW?

I don't know how that would work with shipping expenses to Germany & vice versa to the U.S.

It was a joke. Your new facelift rims are much more worth then the old 19' a little more then double!
How I said I will plasti dip mine for next winter and for summer my 20' thinking about 22'[emoji848]

Cheers 101

Last edited:
oh lol. my bad. i've never exchanged my wheels out before, just tires. yeah, i realize i can get more for them. how much more would you say they go for? im seeing $75 more a wheel than the 2015 19 inch versions on ebay & stuff. i much prefer the look of the dealership wheels than the aftermarket ones i've been seeing online.

Welcome to the forum. I'd check out aftermarket wheels and then maybe resell your old ones. Maybe your dealer would work out a wheel swap with a used cx5/3/6 eith the same sized wheel.

hey guys. so i just bought my 2016.5 mazda cx-5 grand touring FWD base model (no extra packages) yesterday. i love it except for the wheels. i can't stand the black color on them.

silver%20and%20black%20rims.jpg

i would much rather have the all silver look. wondering if anyone knows if the 19 inch rim specs on the 2016.5 grand touring model are similar to the 19 inch aluminum alloy wheel's on the 2015 model? that way i could just buy the 2015 19 inch all silver rims & sell my current 19 inch silver/black rims online.

all%20silver%20rims.jpg
What?!?! I love the rims on the 2016 GTs. My only complaint is that they are pretty narrow.

hey guys. so i just bought my 2016.5 mazda cx-5 grand touring FWD base model (no extra packages) yesterday. i love it except for the wheels. i can't stand the black color on them.

i would much rather have the all silver look. wondering if anyone knows if the 19 inch rim specs on the 2016.5 grand touring model are similar to the 19 inch aluminum alloy wheel's on the 2015 model? that way i could just buy the 2015 19 inch all silver rims & sell my current 19 inch silver/black rims online.

all%20silver%20rims.jpg

The older 19" wheels will work fine on your CX-5 as others have said. I would buy the ones that you want and then sell yours. You should come out ahead once it's all said and done. Also, you may want to look for the 19" Mazda 6 GT wheels that look exactly like the older CX-5 wheels that you want but are slightly wider and have a better off-set than the CX-5 wheels. That's what I'm running on mine. If you scroll through this thread there are other people with them as well.

Last edited:

all%20silver%20rims.jpg

if you werent on the other side of the country i would trade you, my oem silver wheels are just collecting dust in the basement.

...2015 19 inch versions on ebay & stuff. i much prefer the look of the dealership wheels than the aftermarket ones ...

Hi Karebear

I also like the 19 inch Mazda 6 GT wheel. they are pretty easy to find on ebay ( https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) ), and you can send a msg to the seller and offer a little less than asking and see if you can negotiate yourself a deal. I have them on my 2016.5 and LOVE them!

May is suggest you get a THICK and TALL tire, not a low profile (performance street) tire, as the bigger tire will fill the wheel well space, and give the car a sporty and more aggressive look. My personal opinion is the tire-wheelwell-rim ratio is very important to get right, and I "feel" that low profile tires increases the vacant space in the wheelwell between the tire and body,making the car look like its been lifted higher. You can get a 19 inch rim (bigger than the stock 18) and put low profile tires and end up with smaller overall diameter wheel! Here's a link to my post above with more detail if you care: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-your-wheels&p=6481172&viewfull=1#post6481172

Below is my car with 265/50/19 regular street tires. I didnt touch the ride height or shocks or anything...just bolted them on!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey guys and girls,

new guy here (just signed up today), I have to agree with Karebearcutie on the 19" stock GT rims. When I bought my 2016 last summer that was the only thing that bothered me, I actually prefer the previous 19" GT rims, so much so that I even asked the sales guy at Mazda if he could swap those new 19" rims on my 2016 with the older 19" rims off a used CX5. They didn't want to do it since my car is on a lease, given the fact that I have to give the car back in 4 years with the original parts, and it would be hard for them to explain to the next buyers why a 2016 CX5 has the older model rims on it, I get it, makes sense.

Reason why I dislike the new 19" rims is because they look like flowers in my opinion, I think it's the fact that the silver machine finish curves in as it hits closer to the tire off the inner black part. They look good when spinning and in the shade, but once we can see all the details in light, they look weak, again my opinion.

So I have been looking into getting some used Mazda6 GT 19" rims (silver finish not hyper) which I have seen some people pull off, so I can do a straight swap on my stock OEM Toyos since they are pretty new still. Problem is I live in Montreal, Canada and they are hard to find used around here. Not too many people here in my area are upgrading their 19" Mazda6 GT rims compared to people upgrading their say Mazda3 rims. And as much as I would love to get a set of 20" rims, I live in Montreal and the roads here are brutal with pot holes, not to mention a 20" rim set up would obviously cost more with new tires and I have no intent to lower the car either.

Another wheel I was looking at as someone on here has them on, are the Niche Veronas in 19" (black machine finish). I am interested in these as I noticed someone fit them on the stock Toyos, I ask however if that's a good idea since the width of the Verona rim is 8.5" and max width of the OEM Toyo tire for a rim looks to be 8"? Keeping in mind the stock 19" rim is 7" in width. New Niche Veronas in 19" with shipping and taxes are about 1,500$ just the rims no tires, I am fully aware we get screwed on pricing in Canada but it is what it is.

The goal is to get a set of rims and eventually throw them on the new gen CX5 when I trade up in a few years, hoping that the rim specs will stay the same, that way I can justify dropping that coin on new Veronas if I go that route. However at this point if I can find some used 19" Mazda6 GT rims in somewhat mint condition at a decent price I would pull the trigger on them, my concern is wanting to stay within the stock specs of the wheel and tire on the OEM tires. Mazda6 GT rims if I am not mistaken are 7.5" wide so I am not concerned about fitment on the stock Toyos and they look better than both stock CX5 19" options in my opinion.

I have been viewing the site over the past few years and finally decided to join, some of you guys and girls have some amazing setups with your wheels, I have always been a firm believer that on ANY car, if it is set up with the correct looking rims, it makes all the difference! Size of the wheel doesn't really make a huge difference either, to be honest I find a nice 18" setup on the CX5 is a great look also.

look foward to hearing from you all and being a part of this community, if I can only figure out how to post pics now... LOL.

Cheers!

all%20silver%20rims.jpg

Hey there!

I'm getting a 2015 CX-5 GT and will be purchasing aftermarket wheels ASAP and would be willing to sell you the stock 19" wheels if you'd like.

I live in San Diego as well so it's perfect.

Let me know if you're interested. Should be picking up the car by this weekend.

Back