Show me your CX-5 wheels

aLBNVs.gif

You got a cool ride there Chris. Been checking out your turbo build it and looks pretty cool!

Some where, some time, at the other side of the globe...
PF07CX5ls240316b_zpsxxlhbs0w.jpg

Weighing at just 22.5lbs (or 10.2kg)...
PF07CX5ls240316c_zpsmmhfs0v5.jpg

They came together...
PF07CX5ls240316o_zps2me6yloq.jpg

Lookin good X5actor! I really like the color of those wheels.

Thank you. It took me quite a while to find a set of wheels to my liking. I wanted dark colored wheels to match but not too black. There were many considerations I had - it was either nice design and lack of color choice; or wheels that had the color I like but I didn't like the design. Then came the weight of the upsized wheels that I am also particular about. So cut the long story short, this is by far the better choice to what I like and can accept.

So far, after some weeks, it drives well:)

Hey all! New member here, just picked up our 2016 GS (or Touring as it seems to be known everywhere else) yesterday. Dealership happened to have a set of the Mazda6 GT 19's lying around and wasn't about to pass those up!

IMG_1894.jpg

I don't know if this has been posted, but while looking for something else related to CX-5 on youtube this video popped up as recommended.
It shows a pretty wide range of wheels on different color CX-5.
Even if they don't sell that brand locally, it might give you an idea of a new look for your ride you hadn't considered before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcYn_dYtfOc

Hey all! New member here, just picked up our 2016 GS (or Touring as it seems to be known everywhere else) yesterday. Dealership happened to have a set of the Mazda6 GT 19's lying around and wasn't about to pass those up!
What did you do for tires?

Here are my wheels. RTX Envy 20x8.5 et38.
I have 255-40-20 tires on now but they have to be replaced soon. I'll be looking to get 245-45-20 instead.
8a7cc04.jpg

7a879d5.jpg

6b465d7.jpg

Last edited:
Is that stock ride height? What is the difference in overall diameter vs stock for your current setup with the 40s or the new setup with the 45s? I assume you are going up because of the harsh ride?

the 255-40s are not stock height to my OEM 17s. They are about 2-3% off. It's just that I bought the wheel and tire set used and that is what was on there. By using the online tire calculators, I see that 245-45-20 is the closest to 225-65-17. And since the used tires are almost finished, I'll be getting the proper size. As for the ride, I don't find it too bad. If they were the proper size, I would still be okay with getting that size again.

1" spacers

no, i used original front struts and original rear shocks. if you prefer to extend... you will actually need a different route up front ( 1" thick custom made strut spacer that sandwich between strut top and strut tower, then only a 1 inch spring spacer), and adjustable camber bolts. the reason is because if you allow it to extend further 1 inch the wheels begin to drastically positive camber.

the rear you can create a 1/2" taller shock spacer to allow for extra extension since the studs coming from the body are extra long.

how i know this is because i lifted my mazda3 hatchback 1.5" taller for rally racing in the back roads of mojave national preserve deserts. the mazda3 and cx-5 share nearly identical suspension with minor differences up front as to how the strut is held to the knuckle.

Do you have a contact or reference link for these? I am interested in doing this for just a little more clearance for my tires. Thanks!

-Rich

Latest posts

Back