Ship with 350 CX-7's aboard Capsized

G-Papi said:
Happier days

CAM3440_rev.jpg

Wow...Nice find...That's literally a sea of BRAND NEW 3s...Man I just got this funky feeling in my gut when I realized all those Mazdas are on the verge of being junked (omg)

...and the poor CX-7s...They just came out!

Metal MP5 said:
and possibly the whole shipment of MS3 ?

My sources at Mazda Canada have confirmed that there was no MS3's on board. Whew!!

i feel better =)

not that im buying one but it would suck if all/most of the MS3 were lost in there

Man .. that is alot of sedans .. I do spot a hatch just right of center though ..

This is why it is not good to brag about something until you have completed it .. successfully!

UPDATE:

Mazda Speaks on Ship Mishap: Cougar Ace Cars Won't Be Sold as New
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/m...ougar-ace-cars-wont-be-sold-as-new-199992.php

Mazda released a statement yesterday indicating that vehicles aboard the fubar'd car-carrying ship, Cougar Ace will not be sold at dealerships as new. But -- and here's ther part where you feel around for your wallet -- repairable cars would be "made available for sale as used cars through Mazda's dealer network in the U.S. and Canada." Of course, that doesn't mean the company will sell damaged goods, but it does likely mean the factory warranty won't be in effect. Still, for transparency's sake, the company is listing VINs of all affected cars on www.mazdausa.com and,www.mazda.ca. For all of those interested in buying one of the salvaged Mazda3s or CX-7s, this is what an Atlantic Salmon looks like. Click through for Mazda's account of the Cougar Ace's plight.

From Mazda Motor Corp:

The Cougar Ace sailed from Japan to North America with just over 4,700 Canadian- and U.S-bound Mazdas aboard. She became stricken when an issue during a routine ballast-water change caused her to list. Thanks to heroic efforts of the U.S. Coast Guard, all 23 crew members were transferred from the ship within hours.

After the ship was stabilized, she was towed by her owners to sheltered waters in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, where she was returned to an even keel. She is currently under tow to the Port of Portland, Ore., where she is expected to arrive on September 12 (the same date in local time). Upon arrival, her cargo will be further evaluated and unloaded.

Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Mazda North American Operations oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario, Canada, and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.

stangmatt66 said:
UPDATE:

Mazda Speaks on Ship Mishap: Cougar Ace Cars Won't Be Sold as New
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/m...ougar-ace-cars-wont-be-sold-as-new-199992.php

Mazda released a statement yesterday indicating that vehicles aboard the fubar'd car-carrying ship, Cougar Ace will not be sold at dealerships as new. But -- and here's ther part where you feel around for your wallet -- repairable cars would be "made available for sale as used cars through Mazda's dealer network in the U.S. and Canada." Of course, that doesn't mean the company will sell damaged goods, but it does likely mean the factory warranty won't be in effect. Still, for transparency's sake, the company is listing VINs of all affected cars on www.mazdausa.com and,www.mazda.ca. For all of those interested in buying one of the salvaged Mazda3s or CX-7s, this is what an Atlantic Salmon looks like. Click through for Mazda's account of the Cougar Ace's plight.

From Mazda Motor Corp:

The Cougar Ace sailed from Japan to North America with just over 4,700 Canadian- and U.S-bound Mazdas aboard. She became stricken when an issue during a routine ballast-water change caused her to list. Thanks to heroic efforts of the U.S. Coast Guard, all 23 crew members were transferred from the ship within hours.

After the ship was stabilized, she was towed by her owners to sheltered waters in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, where she was returned to an even keel. She is currently under tow to the Port of Portland, Ore., where she is expected to arrive on September 12 (the same date in local time). Upon arrival, her cargo will be further evaluated and unloaded.

Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Mazda North American Operations oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario, Canada, and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.

Anyone able to find that list of VIN numbers on either of those web sites? I would like to make sure that the CX-7 I am buying in 2 weeks is not one of the affected cars.

Canada_CX7 said:
Anyone able to find that list of VIN numbers on either of those web sites? I would like to make sure that the CX-7 I am buying in 2 weeks is not one of the affected cars.

The CX-7s on that ship WILL NOT be sold as new. If you are buying your CX-7 new, it WILL NOT be from that ship.

ALL of the vehicles were taken to the US. NONE of these will be sold in Canada.

hmmmmmm, i got mine 2 wks ago, mine was probably one of them on that cargo ship, and finally made it down here in San Diego. My CEL came on in less than 48 hrs from delivery and my wheels vibrated, as if the balancing weight all came off during shipment.... hmmmm (peep) no wonder its the only one with the special sale price. (sssh)

CXseven said:
hmmmmmm, i got mine 2 wks ago, mine was probably one of them on that cargo ship, and finally made it down here in San Diego. My CEL came on in less than 48 hrs from delivery and my wheels vibrated, as if the balancing weight all came off during shipment.... hmmmm (peep) no wonder its the only one with the special sale price. (sssh)

The VIN numbers of the CX-7's on the ship are on the Mazda USA website. You can go there see if yours matches. As far as I know none of these vehicles have been released to dealers yet.

Latest posts

Back