Shift Knobs?

You don't really notice it being that its on the side. Plus it blends in most of the time, just looks noticeble here because of the lighting. Several members on here have the voodoo knob. I believe that the aluminum voodoo knobs are 175 grams while my blox knob is nearly 3x heavier at 450 grams. Shifting is more precise and effortless as the heavier knob really navigates itself into gear easily. I like that there is a little bit of space between the bottom of the knob and the boot because of the feel of putting your pinkie and ring fingers under the knob for a better grip.

Nice, I also like the metal shift knobs from Blox. I would get one if it wasn't so cold where I live. With a metal knob I'd probably freeze my hand to it in the winter!

Now, how do I rationalize getting a "summer" shift knob like this in addition to the COBB one?

BXACknobLETB-500x500.jpg

I currently use this

photo5pinn3apzy2th5.jpg

Ran one of these for awhile.
neochromeknob2-480x480.jpg

Sickspeed neochrome knob. After awhile the "neo" rubbed off in a few spots and just became chrome. Back to stock for now as I prefer the weight, looking for a heavy neochrome knob better suited to my hand.

heres a real oldskool knob. i used this on my first standard i ever had.my neighbor had an old harley and i took the door knobs off my bedroom and gave him one for his suicide shifter and i used the other for my cars and trucks on and off for years ..seeing the thread got me looking and sure enough 30 years later i still have it..its an antique but the mazda shifter is to large..i still have an original 70's era hurst shifter damn im old

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Last edited:
c58f926435a411e2ba2d22000a1f97cd_7.jpg

blox neochrome type-r shape :)

ps for anyone with the blox knobs that doesn't like the gap between the knob and the boot, remove the shifter boot, screw the nut that came with the knob onto the shifter (it'll take some trial and error to get the knob to be tight with the lettering right side up), then reinstall the boot, and knob.

Last edited:
You don't really notice it being that its on the side. Plus it blends in most of the time, just looks noticeble here because of the lighting. Several members on here have the voodoo knob. I believe that the aluminum voodoo knobs are 175 grams while my blox knob is nearly 3x heavier at 450 grams. Shifting is more precise and effortless as the heavier knob really navigates itself into gear easily. I like that there is a little bit of space between the bottom of the knob and the boot because of the feel of putting your pinkie and ring fingers under the knob for a better grip.

It still looks nice with the big logo. :)

you have to look REALLY hard to see the logo with the neochrome finish, and it still looks boss.

I might give a Blox a try, I know a place in SF that sells them for the same price as online.

I like my Garage Star knob but it sits way too low for me, so I'm back to stock for a while. Maybe I'll just get an extension.

heres a quick snap of my Ebay Leather shift knob. It has an old school late 90s feel to it. Leather quality is ok, but for 16 bucks you really cant expect much!

Attachments

• 2342342.JPG
    2342342.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 225
Back