Shift Boot replacement?

Delivery_Guy

ProfessionalWarrantyUser
:
MSP
Anybody know where I could find a shift boot that fits? I'm sick of the Grand Canyon effect the stock one creates.

Or, do you think it would be possible to modify the stock one to fit better?

So no one has any ideas on this...or is it that no one uses these damn sub-topics?

I mean neat sub-topics.

Whatever...I'm tired. (friday)

I'm having one made as we speak. Black real leather with silver stitching. It will be 2.5" shorter in length in order to get rid of that unsightly valley around the shifter!lol

micaguy said:
I'm having one made as we speak. Black real leather with silver stitching. It will be 2.5" shorter in length in order to get rid of that unsightly valley around the shifter!lol

How much you paying to get yours made?

I FORCED an Ichibahn Black Leather boot with Orange stitching to fit but it took some time and alot of sanding the surrounding cup-holder piece out to make the opening bigger.

JMS'sMSP said:
I FORCED an Ichibahn Black Leather boot with Orange stitching to fit but it took some time and alot of sanding the surrounding cup-holder piece out to make the opening bigger.

hat doesn't sound fun, but how does it look?

It's been a while, but I am on my way over to finish up the final touches on my custom shift boot. I'll hopefully be posting pictures when I get back home.

Later...

It's later now...I just finished re-install everything and I'll have pictures in the morning when I get to work. I know you're all dying to see it.

Last edited:
Well, it's not exactly morning, but here is the pic.

NewShiftBoot.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Good quality leather. I like the orange stitching and the fact that it only has one seem. And deffinately no grand canyon effect.
Only thing I'm iffy about is the Mazdaspeed... it looks like
M A ZD A SPEED but it could easily just be the angle of the pic.
Anyways, (thumb)

shaundarbie said:
Nicely done! Is that leather or vinyl? That material looks a lot like the vinyl I use on my boots.

I've also got leather, also shortened for the MSP and other Proteges with short shifters for sale. Mine are a four-seam design, but I guess if enough people wanted a single seam, I could do that, too. Check out the thread right here: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1138396#post1138396.

Your boots look nice too. The material I used is a high grade vinyl...sounds a lot like the matte stuff you use. I was thinking of doing a four seam, but thought it might be a little too much, but yours do look nice.

looks great, i really like the grand canyon effect...its a great place to store loose change and food crumbs

CChris704 said:
looks great, i really like the grand canyon effect...its a great place to store loose change and food crumbs

(rlaugh) Funny, because it's true.

Whenever I'm working on something on the interior that involves screws I always put the screws in the canyon.

There's a guy in town here that makes them for RX-8's. I got an extra stock boot and gave it to him as a template. It basically looks like the stock one, but actual leather, and red stitching (I hate you Mazda for using yellow on that and the seats).

It looks great, I have a black Kartboy shift knob with red shift plate on the top. They look good together.

If you're interested in my guy making you one (they're like $25) let me know (via PM or AIM) and I can look into it for you. Shouldn't be an issue getting another one made.

Back