Shake or vibe around 50 mph in the 08

Ogre

:
2008 Mazda5 Touring
Another problem that may have been on the 05-07's

Our 08 has a noticeable shake or vibration right near the 50 mph range.
The dealer has "checked" the balance of the tires and re-did the alignment but the shake is still there.

FWIW the car is wonderful at highway speeds up to 80 mph, very smooth.
Unfortunately 90% of our use is on 45 mph posted roads.

The dealer acknowledges the problem, but offers no resolution other than us buying 4 new tires.
I find this unacceptable for a "new" car with 3000 miles on it.

Any others experiencing this on their 08's and/or had any success in getting a resolution.

i've driven a few 08's and they have all done the same thing. It is the bad tires that it comes with. only way you can get it fixed is if you request to have the tires road force balanced and that may help make it better.

Ours were "supposed" to have been road force balanced and "checked out" as ok.

So no luck at getting Mazda to replace the tires?

My dealer just replaced all four tires on my '08 5 Sport due to the vibration issue. On my car it was most pronounced at 45 mph and again at about 65 mph. The new tires have almost completely eliminated any vibrations.

its the tires....i recommend the General excalim UHP in a 215/45/17 to replace the crap they put on from mazda

Tires can get flat-spotted in shipping, too. I've traveled all over the World and shipped my vehicles. My 4Runner was shipped to Australia with brand new tires. I had them balanced three times. Then we decided to lift the hood up on the machine as the wheel was spinning... You could actually see where the flat spot was.

This happened once again going from Australia to the UK.

Tires can get flat-spotted in shipping, too. I've traveled all over the World and shipped my vehicles. My 4Runner was shipped to Australia with brand new tires. I had them balanced three times. Then we decided to lift the hood up on the machine as the wheel was spinning... You could actually see where the flat spot was.

This happened once again going from Australia to the UK.

that's why mazda jacks the tire pressures up to around 50psi before they ship the cars to the dealers. Raising the pressure can reduce flat spotting the tires.

Back