Set Power to off? 2018 CX-5

I saw a thread regarding this issue in 2016 but I can not see anywhere it was fixed, or what the fix was. I have a 2018 CX5.

Intermittently when I stop somewhere and power off, when I open the driver's door I get a "Set Power To Off" message obviously, it is in park and nothing is running. At that point, I can restart the car NORMALLY and leave. If I get out I have to manually lock my car. When I return, manually unlock my car and it will not start, as in the start stop button has no lights the car acts like it is dead. Sometimes jump-starting will work. Sometimes I have disconnected the battery to clear the fault and managed to jump-start my car. I took it to the Mazda dealer and turned it off there to talk to them and for 40 mins they could not start my car. They tested the battery when it would not start and the battery was fine.

The select lever (gear leaver) has been replaced as there is a sensor which can cause this message. Did not work.
I have had the board behind the start-stop button replaced. Did not work.
I have had the button itself replaced and I still get the message.
It is currently at Mazda and they have cleaned the earthing points.
I don't want to pick up my car as I am over being stranded.

Any one has this issue and fixed it?

Yep, it happened first when the car was 7 months old, New Battery old battery all the same.
Sometimes it can be months between issues before the level select change it was happening weekly.

Assuming the 12V battery is not the problem ...

My guess is that the internal sensor for smartKey (detecting if a fob is inside cabin to allow starting) is freaky.
Have you tried to put fob on top of the start/stop button?
Does the light turn green? (i.e. ready to start)
(doing this bypasses the internal sensor)

There are external sensors in door(handles) and beneath the hatch. Those are for locking and unlocking.

Back