Screamer Pipe

lavishauto

:
2007 mazdaspeed3
No I don't plan on putting one on. I'm just wondering if there's anybody on here that's put one on there car. From what I read it seems like you have to have decent boost. But I'm not sure, I just read about them today.

what do you mean about screamer pipe??

ive got an exhaust cutout about 8" from the turbo right at the elbow going into exh system from downpipe.. loud as fk. boosting 16psi

Assuming you're talking about the dump tube from an external waste gate it sounds awesome if you have a non straight piped exhaust when the waste gate opens. A lot of the dsm guys are runing them out the hood when it bounces off the rev limiter it spits out flames

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. If I type in screamer pipe in google, that's what comes up. How would u set one up for an internal waste-gate? I've read that people (I think) have them set up for an internal too.

you would need a custom downpipe made.

like this but dont merge the two together again, just make the second pipe go to atmosphere.

323-downpipe-2.jpg

prt-intake_CorkSport_Power_Series_D.jpg

It really is just a waste of time and serves no performance gains at all

Open down pipe out the fender on the other hand, will be bad ass

i had a screamer pipe off my t3/t04e EWG, and an electronic cutout before my cat. it was very badass. though the EWG is not that loud, IMO.

for the cost of a custom DP you can probably switch to an EWG mani and weld your flap closed. its pointless to do it for IWG.

It actually does serve a purpose besides sound if you are venting the dump tube to atmosphere even if its internal wastegate. The exhaust gases going out of the dump tube to the atmosphere will no longer be flowing in the downpipe thus, releiving back pressure. I will be running an external dump here soon I just had a buddy do an external wastegate flange on my stock MSP manifold.

Back