Sarein's UK build

We pulled the window regulators out of the shop car but we kept the power door locks/keyless entry in case someone takes the car for a spin to the store. Are you going to use dry ice to take the sound deadener out?

-Derrick

We pulled the window regulators out of the shop car but we kept the power door locks/keyless entry in case someone takes the car for a spin to the store. Are you going to use dry ice to take the sound deadener out?

-Derrick

Same set up as I have at the moment. Have the cables running inside the car instead of through the body work.
Tryed taking a bit out today with a scraper and I've decided it's way too messy.
Just need to find somewhere that sells dry ice. Not something I normaly shop for.

Loads left to do but pretty sure I have my tyre choice sorted, now to keep an eye out for cheap alloys.

Racing seat should be a factory option, they just look like they belong in the 2. Also, take the jager necklace out of the car to reduce some more weight lol.

Racing seat should be a factory option, they just look like they belong in the 2. Also, take the jager necklace out of the car to reduce some more weight lol.

Love the seat still, not so practical if you have to wear a suit but otherwise pretty liveable.
Jager garland is staying (dance)
Goes with the whole orange theme and think it's one of very few non-essential parts left on the car.

Bit of an update I guess. I have hopefully secured a pretty rare (to me at least) set of alloys. Should have them by the end of the week.
In bad condition but they fit the track tyre size I want to run and I'd planned a refurb anyway.

Wheels are being posted this week now, have sorted out a cheap refurb for them already =D

Trying to get a fair bit done today but wether isn't helping.
Did however get the sound deadening out. Dry ice proved hard to find in the UK so ended up using a spray for freezing pipes.
Worked pretty well.

20121214_094003.jpg

Also found a place that will make me polycarbonate windows. Just need it to brighten up so I can make the templates.

Not getting much done over xmas but the wheels are finaly ordered. Took forever but now waiting for them.

Bought the materials to sort out templates for the plastic windows and got the carpet out.
Gear surround plastics all gone as well.
Slow progress is killing me but should be worth it once the coilovers are here.

Anyone have any ideas on further weight saving?

Cut/take out Bumper supports, cut out the supports/trussing in the hood/bonnet (holds true for metal for Carbon Fibre hood/bonnet), light weight battery, Titanium exhaust, lower the unsprung mass as much as possible (wheels/tires/brakes), Replace metal body parts with Carbon Fibre, take out bolts, wherever possible, and replace with quick release fasteners

Not sure, thought about it but can only find weld in ones, would prefer not to weld it if I end up selling it.

On the look out for another hood to cut up and bolt on but thinking I could do with some light slotted brake disks.
Is it possible to get light rotors for the 2 yet?

Not sure, thought about it but can only find weld in ones, would prefer not to weld it if I end up selling it.

I doubt that'll be available, but i might be wrong.

On the look out for another hood to cut up and bolt on but thinking I could do with some light slotted brake disks.

I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that. Maybe others on here have some info.

The rotors would have to be 2 piece to have any significance in weight loss.

Back