San Diego P5 or MP3 needed for Nology.

afrey2002

Contributor
Hey I just spoke with Jeff at Nology about a complete ignition system for us, I spoke about it briefly a while back ago. Well they're ready to start producing but need a tester, so anybody in the san diego area please call Jeff @ Nology, the number is 1 800 665 6491. He'll fill you in. This is super important especially for turbo'd cars, as some of you might know we have one of the weakest ignitions, what nology has for the rsx, civic si, and our car next, is a system that replaces the lame 2 ignition coil system we currently have with a 4 coil pack and better wires. I might be wrong on some of this but I'm close, I talked to him very early this morning. If your interested you can PM me or just go straight to Jeff, make sure you tell him I (andrew with the blown P5) sent you. Thanks in advance...
-Andrew

Could a mod or admin please move this thread to the Performance section please! afrey2002 needed it moved to the FI section, but I think it will receive due attention in the performance section.

I talked about this about 2 months ago and had dozens of people ask me about it, well it's closer to reality than ever. All we need is a tester, c'mon! You'll probably get a nice discount off of it! Where'd all you guys go?! Maybe I'll just send him my current ignition...? It's sitting in my trunk somewhere.

Bless you! It will be about a week, I'm almost positive they provide a rental for you. I will be forever thankfull if you do this!

It doesn't matter at all, please do. Call jeff @ Nology first thing in the morning. Update us on everything please! Your the man!

interested.

i'm in san diego. and my ignition sucks. haha. hook it up.

(not turbo though)

-CYL . nolan

Right on, now we're talking, well give him a ring and see whose schedule fits best. The #'s up there!

How much do you think it'd be? Don't wanna call if it's gonna be out of my budget. I just ordered some springs and some car audio stuff. :confused:

Also, sorry to double post, will this give any type of gains on stock?

sorry if thats a stupid question, i dunno s*** about ignition systems

Price, I'd say somewhere near 200 to $300, at least thats what I think he said a while back ago. Now if your the tester thats not the case, it may be discounted or free. As far as gains go I guess you could see a few numbers result from a better spark but really I'm not too sure. I do know that you get better acceleration and better throttle response. Now if all goes well and they get a tester soon they could be up on the market as soon as next month. Maybe we can get enough people by that time for a group buy, I've never doen or been a part of a group buy but I can look into it if anybody's in. Also try calling them on Monday.
-Andrew

I might be a little late on this but I might give them a ring tomorrow, I'm in San Diego and going turbo in a few weeks....things might line up fairly nicely (and I'm going to Baltimore for a week at the end of may......I'd let them hold my car if they'll take me up to the airport and pick me up when I get back). hmmm lemme call them tomorrow, or has anyone else already jumped in on this?.....

I doubt they'll install the turbo, but it never hurts to ask, as far as I know nobody's taken up the offer yet.

Is this going to be a system that is capable of allowing us to advance or retard the ignition timing with a unit capable of doing so (eManage for instance)?

Chris

So if this is produced:
1) What exactly what would it do?
2) How much would it cost?
3) What kind of gains are possible?

Can someone address this I'm not to up to par on my knowledge of Ignition systems. It is probably the one thing on my car I'm not familiar with at all other than the fuel system

Back