**********'s New Intake Manifold 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 4500 RPM

:
Black P5
Well ladies and gents since a whole s*** storm has brewed from the other post have decided that I shall start this thread stating info on this new product.

This thread this is just for information, clarification, and Q&A!

OK...information on the mani can be seen here:

http://www.**********.com/Merchant2...ROD&Product_Code=SUFSIM&Category_Code=MSP_ENG

Yesterday dyno testing was being done on the mani's. This is why no dyno charts were posted until people did not beleive in the numbers this new product was producing.

As for application, well this manifold is good for N/A AND Turbo application. As many of you have seen the site and know basically everything listed I will not go through it all and list everything. But this will not throw a cell, unless you do not reconnect sensors. Also this mani works with the stock ECU and has no problems. It gets rid of VTCS and has no issues at all with anything. It is like any bolt on where its plug and play replacement for stock part. Also as most of you can see there is a P&P option with the manifold as well. I have spoken with ********** about this and I've been told that there is a extrdue hone option as well.

I dont really know what else to post at the moment because I dont know what other questions you would have. The site is self explanitory but if there are anymore questions please post them here.

The manifold was dyno testted on **********'s MSP. So this application is safe for MSP and all other 3rd gen proteges. I personally will be running this as soon as funds permits for my N/A application so don't fret N/A techs this isnt biased. And I will report on it when i have finidings. At the moment Cullen has not tested this for 99 and below Protege's but it is a posability.

That is all i have to report upon for now. Feel free to ask questions and ill answer them to the best of my abilities! Enjoy (band2)

Last edited:
i avoided the other thread because it was flooded with bickering - what can you tell me about the design/research that went into the manifold? it looks very similar to the JDM manifolds from older model FS motors.

looks nice though, can't wait to see how people's vehicles respond in combo with other mods.

I just checked it out,nice,but why did he go with such long runners?
who is this made by?
what kind of add on price is it for the extrude honing?

Last edited:
It's VTCS, not VCTS. I could tell it gets rid of that by the pictures, but does it also get rid of VICS (question)? If so, what would you reconnect to stop from getting a CEL (question 2)? Is there a drop in low-end torque, which is what the VICS is designed to prevent (question 3)? /end questions\.

Remember...********** is NOT an AV at this time...if they wish to conduct any sort of business (take orders, run GB's etc) on Mazda Forums they must have Authorized Vendor status FIRST! Thanks...carry on ;)

The dyno graph looks kinda rocky, but I'll give that to the hot temperatures during the run. I'm gonna wait until some of these questions are adressed, such as where these came from, if Cullen is manufacturing them or something else. It seems like there would be a significant drop in torque in an NA car, so seeing a dyno from an NA car would be nice too.

I hope it's as good as it seems to be, but I guess we'll see.

Ok, one last post before I hit the sac. Ill do my best to answer all these questions tomorrow since I am off to bed at the moment. I am going away for the weekend and wont be back online until tuesday night...possibly ill drop if i have time to. So enjoy your weekend and keep the questions rolling this should be an interesting turn around.

Antoine said:
Remember...********** is NOT an AV at this time...if they wish to conduct any sort of business (take orders, run GB's etc) on Mazda Forums they must have Authorized Vendor status FIRST! Thanks...carry on ;)

shouldn't things like this be said in a PM?

anyway,I look forward to to hearing prices and such.

Ok it says that the vacuum lines need to be rerouted, what does this mean you need to replace with longer lines or replace them on a different place on the man.? And the throttle is that in the stock location for my intercooler piping, in other words will I have to replace my intercooler piping because the throttle is in a different place? And with the mods I have how will this benefit me? Tell me all you have to make me buy.

anarchistchiken said:
The dyno graph looks kinda rocky, but I'll give that to the hot temperatures during the run. I'm gonna wait until some of these questions are adressed, such as where these came from, if Cullen is manufacturing them or something else. It seems like there would be a significant drop in torque in an NA car, so seeing a dyno from an NA car would be nice too.

I hope it's as good as it seems to be, but I guess we'll see.

It appears that the smoothing was turned off on the "test" run. there also apear to be breaks in the graph (usually attributed to not picking up the rpm's perfectly on the dyno sensor) and if you turn smoothing on the graph will go to s***.

one of my dyno runs from way back in March was just like this, and with smoothing turned on it look crazy.

but thats just my guess.

personally I'd really like to the the winpep files or atleast a .jpg of the two runs overlayed so I can really visualize the gains/losses at each rpm, etc.

Look I'm willing to buy but want to know some question below.

PHILLY-ORANGE said:
Ok it says that the vacuum lines need to be rerouted, what does this mean you need to replace with longer lines or replace them on a different place on the man.? And the throttle is that in the stock location for my intercooler piping, in other words will I have to replace my intercooler piping because the throttle is in a different place? And with the mods I have how will this benefit me? Tell me all you have to make me buy.

looking at the dynos, it looks pretty good.

if they offered a no egr tube option, and honored the 50 dollar coupon code, i think i would go ahead and purchase this.

-B

Can you overlay the dynos so they can actually be compared at every rpm that you measured? Could you at least post them both using the same scale?

Why did you start the dyno at 4400 rpm's? It's not much above that that the VICS would be open anyway so how are we supposed to look at that and say that removing VICS would be better? When I talk about losing low end power/torque I'm talking about area before the turbo is producing peak boost, before 4000 rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back