S-Afc or Rising Rate Feul Press. Riser

which do you guys prefer ...
The ideal set up would consists of a Turbo (vj20 or 23) with high output injectors ..

car is running on Factory ECU and the engine is a BP-DE ..
Car is also running a High Flow Feul pump

I am just wondering which one you guys would prefer to use ...

Thanks
Bruce:D

although I had absolutly no clue what your talking about. I can't help but stare at your sig...

anyway

I wanted to know what people thought about the s-afc vs a Rising Rate Feul Press. Riser.
See because if you have larger injectors you need something to control them , but if you have a mazda when you floor it the cpu goes in open loop or something like that and you chance running lean. But if you have a RRFPR you can beat this because it raises the feul pressure for every psi of boost sensed respectively..

But you risk running to rich at idle with big injectors. I wanted to see what people think of either of the two...
Bruce

bruce95fmla said:
although I had absolutly no clue what your talking about. I can't help but stare at your sig...

anyway

I wanted to know what people thought about the s-afc vs a Rising Rate Feul Press. Riser.
See because if you have larger injectors you need something to control them , but if you have a mazda when you floor it the cpu goes in open loop or something like that and you chance running lean. But if you have a RRFPR you can beat this because it raises the feul pressure for every psi of boost sensed respectively..

But you risk running to rich at idle with big injectors. I wanted to see what people think of either of the two...
Bruce

Well accually,

OPEN LOOP is where the sensors are ignored (mostly) and predetermined maps are utilized. When this happens (usuallly at WOT around 4500 RPM's) generally the ECU will make the A/F mixture RICH not LEAN. What you speak of above is accually CLOSED LOOP. With closed-loop operations, the A/F mixture is determined mostly by the feeback that various sensors acting together in a "loop." This is where you can run into problems with lean mixtures because the ECU will try to maintain a 14.7:1 A/F ratio for emissions purposes. It will pull back up to 30% of the fuel to achieve this goal EVEN IF you have a RRFPR. That is why most of the turbo kits available for the 3rd gen uses a voltage clamp device on the 1st O2 sensor to keep the ECU from seeing the rich mixture that the RRFPR will provide under partial throttle with boost.

The problem with the s-afc is that in Closed-loop operation, it should work fine, but as soon as you hit WOT/4500 RPM's/OPEN LOOP, it will be useless due to the ECU using its own predetermined maps. I would perfer the s-afc in conjuction if the s-afc would work in OPEN LOOP operation.

Back