Running a built motor with success?

kamon8404

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Anyone running a built motor daily driven with success?

I have talked to many people who have built their motors and have run into countless problems.

I'm just looking to see if anyone is running a built motor with success and what setup did you go with/ who/how did you build the motor?

Thanks

Plenty of people are daily driving rebuilt motors with success. People have problems for lots of reasons.

LOL, This is kind of a silly question. If you build it wrong then of course you will have problems. What kind of problems are you talking about with built motors?

Well I have seen plenty of people with burnt rings, melted pistons, crank walk, rod bearings spinning.

well im going to be building my motor here soon... i dont think its going to be that unreliable hence why im doing it... it should be bullett proof with a solid tune!

No problems here.. Only thing i'm having an issue with is the clutch slipping a lil when under full load.. Just need a stronger setup

have it professionally built and balanced/blueprinted...makes more sense to spend the money and have it ALL done right then to (i don't care how good you think you are with out piles of crap) do it yourself...that is my 2 cents

Balanced and built for 20k now and daily drive it...I do about 150 miles a week if not more sometimes. Runs great on Wiesco piston and K1 rods. Built and tuned by TBK Performance.

Well I have seen plenty of people with burnt rings, melted pistons, crank walk, rod bearings spinning.

You are just as likely to have this stuff happen on a factory engine as a built one depending on how you treat it. If you are using your built engine as a daily driver and not stressing the hell out of it then it should last a long time even at high boost.

You have to consider that people who race their cars will rebuild there engine and replace components such as rings and bearing on a regular basis. When you pay for a built engine you are not paying for the horsepower, you are paying to not have it break when making high hp.

You can make a protege have 300 hp without building the engine....how long is it gonna last? NOT Long.

^ hes right build the internals and its all on how you treat your ride... and get a solid tune you should be fine... keep the boost in moderation aswell!

I built mine and have had zero problems going on 10,000miles. Well.... I could of spent more time getting the valves shimed just right.
I have a valve tick. >(

IM built with around 65k on my block now. Daily driven around 200 miles per week or so

I got my block fully assembled arias/pauter with a stage 1 head from SpeedCircuit running very strong for about 6k miles now the past year. Daily driven hard!

Back