Roof poppity pop over flexing road conditions

:
SOLD 2002 Protege5; Current 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
My roof over the passenger front has started to go pop whenever I hit a road condition that flexes my chassis or if I turn up an upill/ramp.

Does anyone know what is up? I have a roof rack, sunroof, and crossbars. The rack and bars seem tight.

Thanks,
ZoomFive

noise

Perhaps your noise is the passenger belt buckle hitting the side pillar. I've noticed that noise when no one is in the passenger seat.

Perhaps your noise is the passenger belt buckle hitting the side pillar. I've noticed that noise when no one is in the passenger seat.

I noticed that noise too. The ones that I am referring to happen when you turn up a ramp or down a ramp. A loud pop will come from above.

I've got all kinds of clicking and popping going on above the driver's side window in the headliner. I have started to notice the seat belt clanging around on the passengers side thanks to CXSportOwner mentioning it in another post. Thanks alot. I thought I just had the headliner click and pop and the center console shift cover but no, now I've got the stupid seat belt thing too. It's frickin' annoying. What was your fix for that CX9SportOwner?

I was not expecting to hear these kinds of noises in a car with 8000 miles on it. My Nissan interior didn't start making noises until about 40,000 miles.

And don't give me the oh just turn up the BOSE system and they disappear excuse. There are times when I have to turn it down to yell at the kids or wife and then I notice all these sounds like I'm in a submarine reaching crush depth.

I have noticed a slight popping sound whenever I encounter a situation that twists the chasis, but was not sure if it was the roof or the side pillars.

Sounds like the moonroof being there is the culprit, reducing the rigidity of the roof panel.

I have no such noises without the moonroof.

Back