Roof cost for a Miata

.paul

_rum & _ass
:
P5
I was wondering what the cost of a roof is, my g/f had the misfortune of having her Miata being broken into. Some jerk cut through the back 'window' to break into the car and he also partially cut into the roof part. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Paul

oh yeah (hand) It's a 1996 though I'm not sure what model. It doesn't have anything special about it, I know that.

Go to miata.net and click on the marketplace tab on the left side of the main page. There you will find a ton of places selling miata tops.

Since its a first gen, your lucky. They are pretty cheap, ive seen some new sell for 200 bucks. Putting them on is another story. Its doable but its a tedious pain in the ass!

Yeah, at least be glad she doesn't have one of the new Miatas. A hardtop would run you easily $2500 or more.(shocked)

Buy a 99 plus top and frame and swap it right over. Now she will have a glass window.

Or if you are up to it just buy the 99 top and do the strap webbing mod to retrofit it into the NA top frame

There's also a glass back window top now that works with the older style miata top frame and doesn't have to be zipped out. Look for "glass-fold" style tops or something like that. It's pretty cool.

Or go for another approach. remove the vynil all together, leaving the bare frame. When people ask about it, just tell them it's a cool new expiramental material being developed for NASA. It's completly transperant, yet provides ultimate protection. then call them a dork for even asking about it, and hope they don't say anything else.

I wonder if I could use that technique to save some weight for STS2 ;)

Back