rolex24

:
2013 Mazda Cx5 Touring - Moonroof/Bose/Tech
Tuned in a little late to watch the new Mazda 6's with the t.t. diesel race engines, and was dissapointed they couldn't hang with the competition. Hopefully they can get it together. The cars looked great out there on the track.

Jeff

Sad results for these Mazda diesels in the GX class so far, they were slow and not robust (unable to complete the race).

CX-SV care to expand on your opinions and provide reasons on why they were so slow?

Perrod del Sol - You can read the article posted by Road and Track and Car and Driver magazines on-line for more details. What I posted above was not my opinion. Mazda mentioned "vibration issues", which probably contributed to the breaddowns more than the "slowness" reported versus the competitors in this new GX class.

The cars looked great out there on the track.

That they did:

mazda-race-580x387.jpg

I was at Daytona and the article does not go into full details on the issues that have taken place. A whole new pulley design had to be created which may have led to the problems that the #25 and #70 the had. Also, they ran the the cars at 80-85% due to these factors. There are additional factors as well which once confirmed I'll post it up. I spent alot of time in the garage and pits with the team to as I do at all of their races

You should join us @ Mazda Raceway in Sept. and see the cars up close.

I could buy the pulley problem for overheating, but they also lost cylinders in 2 of the 3. I do understand that they had the engine and trans bench tested plenty and where fully pleased with the results. Once they finally got the car to put it in, some changes had to be made.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back