ribber touch pads on front door handles

tstex

Hello to all,

My 2009 CX-9 GT i guess has been opened and locked enough that the face of the rubber touch pad fell out/off. Has anyone ever replaced these before? If so, what is the cost and procedure?

I cannot see this needing a service call, but you never know if the dealer might say.

Thank you very much,
tstex

Hello to all,

My 2009 CX-9 GT i guess has been opened and locked enough that the face of the rubber touch pad fell out/off. Has anyone ever replaced these before? If so, what is the cost and procedure?

I cannot see this needing a service call, but you never know if the dealer might say.

Thank you very much,
tstex

Happened on my 07 too. Is it the entire face, or just the rubber around the face? (Which, ultimately, keeps the button on)

For me, it was just the rubber around the face. I took the rubber button out, wrapped some electrical tape around the rubber that fits inside the button, and stuffed it back in. I used just enough tape to make the stem wide enough that it doesn't fall out, but loose enough the button still works. Of course, water is likely to get in there eventually.

The only TRUE fix is to buy a whole new button assembly - available at Mazda for under $100. It requires door panel removal to get to the backside though - which is why I did my ghetto fix for now.

Check out sugru.com and see if that will be a quick fix for you. (I have no affiliation with sugru other than being a happy customer of their product for over 4 years...I have fixed many things with sugru.)

I've done the repair. Search for my posts and you'll find the repair instructions. The part is about $35 and the repair takes about 1.5 hours the first time.

Back