Revised water return elbow

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
I'm curious about the revised part in that I've seen threads that say it has a blue stripe. I have not changed mine yet and it has a blue stripe on it. I want to order one but don't want the wrong one. My car has a production date of 09/02 and has never been in for that service.

Does the revised on still have the same part number
0000-88-C54?

yes, that have the same part number. You can specify that you want the revised one. But, they should send you the revised one anyway sine it supercedes the older version.

Attachments

• DSC05183.JPG
    DSC05183.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 954
yes, that have the same part number. You can specify that you want the revised one. But, they should send you the revised one anyway sine it supercedes the older version.

Thanks, I saw your reply in another thread. Guess the old one and well as the new one has the blue stripe? Tried to click on your pics but lost patience.

no, I don't think the old one had a blue stripe. At least mine didn't when I replaced it. Here is a pic of my old leaking one with no stripe. It is about $70 bucks for the part I believe.

Attachments

• DSC05176.JPG
    DSC05176.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 569
Odd because we both have 03s. I'm definitely going to pick one up and request the revised. I found a few places on line that have it for less $70 even with shipping. I saw that yours was leaking and causing an overheat issue so you had no choice but to get one directly from a retail dealer I suppose.

Did you ever have a coolant smell prior to replacing it and if so did it disappear? That smell has driven me nuts since day 1 and I have replaced every spring clamp except the ones on that elbow. No overheating or signs of coolant loss though. (knock wood)

yeah I did have a slight smell of coolant and it went away shortly after. and I did have to get the part from a "mazdaspeed" dealer because no one else had it. I wouldn't even call them a mazdaspeed dealer because every time I go up there, they have no idea what the MSP is. Then, they have to pull out the brochure and read up on the car and look at parts catalogs to even get an idea what the MSP is. But anyway, you are just replacing it as a precaution? It's not surprising that you don't see any signs of coolant loss. There are members on here that go through coolant like gas. They end up filling up on coolant weekly and don't have any signs of a leak either.

I did not use spring clamps when I replaced just about every other spring clamp on the car a few years ago. Before I did that I definitely found a few traces of anti freeze seepage. I had to jack the car up and look from the bottom up. Both my radiator and overflow bottle are full. But I still smell coolant and have from day one of ownership.

I figured that I better get the elbow now before I find myself needing it and swap it out.

Hey anyone know where i could buy a water return elbow for my 2003 mazda protege turbo

For that price, I would rather make something with aluminium/copper and silicone couplers. Will last longer and probably be cheaper.

Back