Resuming Playback with 2014 CX-5 GT Tech Stereo and other issues

OMG, I just made it through all 24 pages of this thread. What the hell does this say about me? Glutton for punishment? Stupid? Too much free time? :)

We can dissect this issue a million different ways (which obviously has been done). We can enjoy urination matches between members of the forum. Bottom line, Mazda dropped the ball on this one and is obligated to fix the problem on a timely basis. It was my hope to get to these last few pages and see a Technical Service Bulletin announced or something similar saying the issue had been remedied. Sigh.....

C'mon Mazda, put on your big boy pants and make it right.

Does anyone know if it is possible to resume music playback to the same position in a playlist or album/artist on a USB stick after stopping/re-starting the vehicle? It doesn't appear possible unless I am missing something. It also can take a long time to re-read the USB stick after re-starting.

Also, when an iPhone or iPod is plugged into USB, the head unit doesn't seem to support playlists. The best approach appears to be using bluetooth from an iPhone to stream music - in this case it will resume after stopping and re-starting.

8 months since this report and not a real solution. I think Mazda don't will fix it (mad)

I signed the petition about a month or so ago. I was hoping to find a new update on these issues but it looks like we are all still suffering... What a shame, such a great car otherwise.

Mazda 6 is going to get a brand new system. Audio and maybe even navigation. I hope the screen will grow a bit.

The same will probably happen to CX-5 when it get facelifted in the middle of 2014.

I do not know if there are plans for software updating of the current audio system, sorry.

I hope, for my sanity's sake, that Mazda will offer an upgrade package to CX5 owners. I am not willing to dig up another 1000 bucks to get a replacement headunit installed with NAV - I paid 705 bucks for an added NAV system that simply does not work as soon as messages come in and I have to constantly press "Download Later" when I am trying to find an address. I went back to the stealer and showed them that BB Z10 is compatible with the Mazda CX5 GS (Canada model) and the statement was that all functions work as designed. But the added NAV system is completely useless if the New Message screen overlaps and does not disappear by itself.

Is "middle of 2014" a guess on your part or do you know something specific?
Yes, I do. Of course, the exact date is not known yet. Mazda plans to unveil a facelift of CX-5 in 2014. It should be available for ordering about the mid of the year, first cars delivered before the end of the year. It is official info for Europe but remember, reality often differs. I also do not have more info on model specifications. I hope they will meet the date as I would like to get one.

Yes, I do. Of course, the exact date is not known yet. Mazda plans to unveil a facelift of CX-5 in 2014. It should be available for ordering about the mid of the year, first cars delivered before the end of the year. It is official info for Europe but remember, reality often differs. I also do not have more info on model specifications. I hope they will meet the date as I would like to get one.

I wondered if you had any more specific dates. I realize you are in Europe, but a week ago Mazda NorAm Fleet Sales announced the revised 6 would start production the middle of Dec 2013 and the revised CX-5 would start production the beginning of Jan 2014. They're expecting to deliver the revised models about six weeks after the start of production.

why would the CX-5 need a "facelift"? It just came out 2-3 years ago. It already has the new grill.

Got my cx5 yesterday. This morning I'm diving into this whole ipod-usb thing. I have an iphone 4 and there were no problems. Will report back.

Got my cx5 yesterday. This morning I'm diving into this whole ipod-usb thing. I have an iphone 4 and there were no problems. Will report back.

Well tried out with ipod 1st gen. Load time is about 60 seconds. Playback is pretty good and yes after shutting down car and coming back it does not resume playback. I can't see how some people would not buy the car because of this. It's easy enough to go back and get your track. Load time and this issue aside, it's very good. Currently loading up usb stick with 1880 tracks so I'll test out usb function.
Easy to forget how incredible all this technology is in all our lives. Yes some other car company might have less issues with all the music stuff, but our asses are in a Mazda, they must be doing something right.
cheers!

It's easy enough to go back and get your track.
Once or twice maybe, but every freaking time the car is shut off? Go to the playlist you were on, then scroll through maybe several hundred songs to get back where you were, assuming you remember this each and every time, and then god forbid you stop for gas because you'll have to go back to step one. Yeah, thanks, but no.

Once or twice maybe, but every freaking time the car is shut off? Go to the playlist you were on, then scroll through maybe several hundred songs to get back where you were, assuming you remember this each and every time, and then god forbid you stop for gas because you'll have to go back to step one. Yeah, thanks, but no.

I understand your point. For me this will be a bigger issue if I have a podcast going or a continuous mix where I would not only have to get it back but fwd to the point I was listening.

Something I noticed and this might have been brought up already but when I shut off car with usb playing and turn it back on it loads my usb stick but after a few seconds while loading, it switches to FM radio. This was my WTF moment.

Something I've been wondering about. Mazda has acknowledged on their website that there is an iPod defect. There website states (under the bluetooth section, phone compatibility guide, for some reason) the following in the comments section: http://mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=bluetooth
Apple iPod Classic 7th Gen (160GB)
Software version
2.0.4 PC
"While playing music through the USB cable and turning the power off or switching from the iPod tab to FM, AM, SIRIUS, or CD the device will lose its connection and not play music until you unplug and plug the cable back into the device. Do not do this while driving. An update for your vehicle will be available soon. Check back for details."

It has the same comment for all iPods listed as well as the iPhone 5.

I've been checking back since I bought the CX-5 6 months ago and haven't seen an update yet. The issue they admit to may not encompass all of the issues people (myself included) are having with the entertainment system (like long, long, long load times, difficult artist/album navigation, and not showing playlists), but they should honor their promise of an update. I would hope that that update would address multiple issues.

I've read through the thread and haven't noticed anyone specifically bringing up this page when dealing with Mazda (either at a dealer or online). I wondered if anyone has discussed this admission with Mazda and what they've said (not including the "It's working as designed" responses I've read about some people receiving). I'm out of the US currently, and plan call them on it once I get back.

Back