replacing the headliner

:
2k Protege LX
So the one thing that I really need to fix on my protege is the headliner. Its starting to flake and peel in some areas so yeah, needs replaced. Anybody have experience doing this? Any tips for me before I start this little project. I plan on swapping some parts in my interior to make it black and tan since it is all tan/brown now and I'm not too keen on it. So could/should I swap it with a black one from a newer model or just have it reupholstered? Thanks

I have seen that paint and considered using it. A buddy of mine used it and it came out pretty well. I know a few people who do upholstery so I might go that route. Combine that with my wife's grandmother who does embroidery and I could have a decent headliner. All I really need now is to find out how to remove it.

just very time consuming
you have to remove almost all the trim pieces in the car and then u have to take the headliner out the trunk
its kinda hard with a sedan but when i took mine out it was easy

Wow I just checked out that link and realized I went to college with fatti and Levi. Good write up guys. Funny thing is i've seen Levi's mazda plenty of times but have never seen fatti's msp in person.

Back