Replacing a Trans

Hey what's up mazda guys :)

I got a little project a head of me. The trans went out in my moms protege so I'm gonna be putting a new one in for her. I know my way around a volkswagen and toyota but I'm pretty new to mazdas. If there's a site or something that might make my job a little easier that would be awesome. Thanks!

Wow perfect. My dad actually works for a mazda dealership so he got me a mechanic manual but that first link helps me a ton and I'm probably just going to go by that. Thanks! :)

Wow perfect. My dad actually works for a mazda dealership so he got me a mechanic manual but that first link helps me a ton and I'm probably just going to go by that. Thanks! :)

Goodluck, if you're just swapping tranny's it's not bad on the Protege. It's a tight squeeze getting it by the frame on the way back in, but just remove the outer axle grommet so it doesn't tear if it rubs against the frame and you'll b golden.

so i'm trying to get the axle out of the trans but it's not working. I spoke to a mazda mechanic and he said it just prys out but it's not workin that way for me. It's that teal cylinder lookin piece.

Back