Replacement Gear Shift Knob

neon1024

:
2009 Mazda 2 Sport
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement gear stick knob? Mine is very worn. I have the sport one in leather.

As an aside, are there any aftermarket ones which look understated and nice? I've no idea what the thread on the gear stick is, if anyone knows?

Not really sure where to look for this kinda thing. Checking Ebay the ones on there are mostly gaudy ricer crap.

Ooh, I quite like that one.

At least now I can shop around knowing the correct thread size too! Thanks :D

I don't get shift knobs that cost $80+. I mean, seriously. How much engineering can really go into a shift knob? Unless you're insisting on titanium I don't see materials getting you anywhere close to that.

This. ^

I understand performance knobs being a bit more pricey as they are a bit tougher and much heavier.

Hey if someone has the money to spend, why not. To me it's too much to spend on a knob, but they do look sweet. I visited their shop and wow they do some crazy custom work.

Those are both nice, I had a blox type r in gun metal previously. The weight is nice and heavy and the quality is spot on. The price isn't bad either.

I like the stock one. There was a time I used to try all kinds of different shift knobs, but these days the OEM units usually work well for me.

Neon - I bet you could get someone to sell you an OEM knob pretty cheap since lots seem to be going aftermarket.

This one looks to be shaped like the stock knob, but I believe is a little heavier (and obviously styled different). It's also on sale right now for under $20:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

41J6fqpdLyL._SY300_.jpg

I don't get shift knobs that cost $80+. I mean, seriously. How much engineering can really go into a shift knob? Unless you're insisting on titanium I don't see materials getting you anywhere close to that.

My knob cost $80, but I think it was worth it to me. I use it 100 times a day, it's worth spending some money on.

Well, consider that for about that amount of money you could get an AWR mount. I would think you get a whole lot more bang for your buck with that. So if you can get better add-ons for that kind of money, how do these vendors justify that price point for such a simple part that requires almost no engineering? The only answer I can think of is selling a brand name.

Well, consider that for about that amount of money you could get an AWR mount. I would think you get a whole lot more bang for your buck with that. So if you can get better add-ons for that kind of money, how do these vendors justify that price point for such a simple part that requires almost no engineering? The only answer I can think of is selling a brand name.

Got the AWR on then way....well it's been on the "awaiting shipment" for 2 weeks now lol I don't care how much the knob really is, it's the feel and fit that is important. The good part about TWM is that they are 1hr of drive from my house and I can go and see them in person. So no shipping + roadtrip to get new car parts :)

Back