Remote start 02 P5 anyone have a how too ?

canp5

:
2002 Canadian P5
I tried to search and did not find any info on installing a remote start on the 02 P5. I have an auto p5 with factory alarm if anyone can point me in the right direction or let me know how to install one that would be great

Thanks

you will need to install and aftermarket remote start, it will come with a sepearte remote. or replace the whole alarm with a AM one w/ remote start. when i bought the car it came with a viper alarm w/ remote start, then a year later around winter time the car would start on its own without me activating it so just went back to keyless entry.

They come with directions and the directions are sligtly different depending on the brand.

Usually it ges something like:
1. damage half the interior panels getting them apart
2. cut at least 6 wires that don't need to be cut.
2b. Repair enough with but connectors to get the car to run with no major problems. ignore the rest and leave them hanging
3. wire the remote start to some random wires till it works
4. blame the kit when it locks you out of the car or won't start at all when it's 20 below trying to get home from work after everyone else leaves.
5. tow it home, tear the interior apart again, cut more wires, butt-connect some of them back together, try wiring the RS to other wires.
6. year or 2 later it starts on it's own, give up trying to fix it, sell car
7. new owner gets the car cheap, spends 2 weeks straight fixing the hacked up wiring and removing all the aftermarket stuff, drives car another 100k miles.

They come with directions and the directions are sligtly different depending on the brand.

2b. Repair enough with but connectors to get the car to run with no major problems. ignore the rest and leave them hanging
4. blame the kit when it locks you out of the car or won't start at all when it's 20 below trying to get home from work after everyone else leaves.
5. tow it home, tear the interior apart again, cut more wires, butt-connect some of them back together, try wiring the RS to other wires.
7. new owner gets the car cheap, spends 2 weeks straight fixing the hacked up wiring and removing all the aftermarket stuff, drives car another 100k miles.

Most accurate way I've ever see. A DIY described.

Some things are best left to the pros

I had one installed at Bestbuy... Clifford brand, top end unit with all kinds of extra sensors, back up alarm, etc.... $1200 installed. Car got stolen anyway 4 days later. (lol)

Most accurate way I've ever see. A DIY described.

Some things are best left to the pros

This, this, and um this. You wouldn't believe the amount of hacked up installs I fix, and by fix I mean I usually tear it out and fix all the wires and install a new one. Actually just finished one that was a Ford "factory" remote start. Car techs should not be allowed near a remote starter.

Back