Reminder: It is not OK to choke your passenger.

Peter B

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Hey everyone... long time no see.

So the other night me and my lovely lady friend are going to my favorite pub in Worcester, the Dive Bar for St Patricks day. For those of you who have never been to Worcester it is a city filled with high curbs, pot holes, and other roadway odities designed to destroy your car. One of the most common of which is that almost every parking lot is 8"-12" or even more above the road, meaning you almost always drag your nose or tail when pulling in and out.

Anyhow back to my story. Needless to say being St Patrick's day the bar was busy. But I happen to find a good spot to park just a few doors down on the street. I pull up ever so carefully to the curb.

Me: "Careful when you open your door. The curb there is pretty high. I don't want the door to bang on it."
Her: "Ok"

What does she do? Throws the door open like there was a rabid cougar in the back seat and she was fleeing for her life. Of course the door scrapes for about an inch or so across the sidewalk.

My heart sinks, my baby (the car not the girl) is hurt.

Me: "What was that!?! That wasn't carefull"
Her: " I'm sorry I thought blah blah blah"
Me (thinking in my head): 'Murder murder murder!'
Me: "Ok close it, but carefully don't just drag it across the side walk if it won't..."

She pulls the door closed before I could finish. Now the weight of the car has shifted. Dragged for about 3 inches across the concrete, making that lovey "**** your paint job" noise that cars do when they grind across concrete.

Me: "Really?
Her: " You said blah blah blah blah"
Me (thinking to my self again): MURDER MUDER MURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER!

All i could see was red... and a body lying in an alley someplace that resembled my passenger. I was visably frustrated now because I have to repaint the bottom of my door so it won't rust. There is still a lot of salt on the road.

The worste part was she didn't even apologize. Just got cross with me for being put out that my car was damaged. I let go so as not to ruin the night but damn was I anoyed.

Not to be a sexist prick but damn some girls just don't get it. I heard "what's the big deal" about 30 times from her. The big deal is that car represents about 10 years of hard work and frustrations for me. It is the shinny red symbol of my accomplishments, however big or small they may be.

Anyhow the good news was you couldn't see anything. The bad news was it did chip the paint off the bottom of the door all the way down to the metal. I touched it up.

How many have experience similar situations?

-Pete

Last edited:
Hopefully you ended it with her....because if thats how she treats your stuff now just imagine how much worse it will get lol

Someone ran something into my car the week after I bought it. Scraped up the drivers door down to metal and dented it in. ~$1000 to repair. No note, nothing.
Called the cops to file a hit and run, cop came, asked "whats the license plate number" I said "hasn't even been registered yet"
That's a killer. Needless to say she lives in the driveway now.

accident3.jpg

Still haven't gotten it fixed because my deductible is $750 and I get the money and crap keeps coming up. Tuition, computer dies, tuition again, lol.

Can't wait 'til I get it fixed though!

Hopefully you ended it with her....because if thats how she treats your stuff now just imagine how much worse it will get lol
I agree.
I would've dump the biotch right there and left her on the curb to find her own way home. ESPECIALLY when she said "what's the big deal?"
If she doesn't respect how you feel about your car then it will never work.

It's one thing when you treat your own car like crap... it's another when it's someone else's car/property.

my girlfriend doenst know s*** about cars, but she knows if she ***** something up, that there are going to be problems. I guess im lucky lol shes cool that I spend more time working on the car, then I do with her haha

but yea, to the OP....I would have been super pissed, probably would have dropped her off in some alley right then

my girlfriend doenst know s*** about cars, but she knows if she ***** something up, that there are going to be problems. I guess im lucky lol shes cool that I spend more time working on the car, then I do with her haha

but yea, to the OP....I would have been super pissed, probably would have dropped her off in some alley right then
The girl has no respect for your property. One b**** slap and toss to the curb, would be sufficient!

Yes it is just a car but like I said, that car represents years of hard work, and struggles. When all that work and struggling paid off I purchased that car. It is the little red fighter jet I have always wanted. :D So I do have some emotional investment in it.

All in all she is a sweet girl and she did apologize later on for it. On her end it wasn't so much of a disrespect thing, as much as it was her flaking out, and then being Irish and angry.

I'm confused...how did the car get lower when she got out, thusly scraping more than when she opened the door?

I couldn't tell you, only thing I can think of is the weight in the car shifted a bit. It took me a bit by surprise as well. I was going to ask her to get out before she started to close it so there would be less weight on that side. I had started to get out which would have taken some weight off my side. Could be the car rolled a bit. Who knows.

Back