Regarding Eclipses

20ESGUY

I know we have a few members here who dabble in DSM's so I'm hoping i can get the answers I need here. I'm looking at picking up a 95-96 (not sure yet which year) GSX and need some info on it. First off I need the engine code for the 2.0L Turbo motor, secondly I'd like to know if the front and rear fascia from the 97-99 will be a direct fit to the 95-96 models, and lastly I need some good parts sources for forged interals such as rods, pistons, and better head gaskets since the motor is blown.

I have a question as well. I heard that there were two different engines in the eclipses as well. I only knew of the 4gs in the 1st and 2nd gen eclipses, but I was told that there was a K20 2.0 liter too is this true and what models was the k20 in for those years if anyone knows. In the 95-96 the engine code for the GSX should be 4gst.

Thanks

I know we have a few members here who dabble in DSM's so I'm hoping i can get the answers I need here. I'm looking at picking up a 95-96 (not sure yet which year) GSX and need some info on it. First off I need the engine code for the 2.0L Turbo motor, secondly I'd like to know if the front and rear fascia from the 97-99 will be a direct fit to the 95-96 models, and lastly I need some good parts sources for forged interals such as rods, pistons, and better head gaskets since the motor is blown.
My buddy, known as Red Racer on this site showed me this thread, and I thought I would try to help out. I drve a 95 Talon ESi. First off, to answer some questions, there are two types of motors that were produced for DSM's. The 4g63 was used in all 1g DSM's and also used in the turboed 2g DSM's from 95-99. The second motor is the 420a, which is found in the non-turbo 2g DSM's from 95-99. There is talk of a third motor that is said to be in the 93-94 1g Talons. This is a n/t motor but produced 170 hp instead of the stock 130. Ok, now for the bodys. The body are identicle from 95-99 as far as bolt ups, except for the nose. The headlights on the 95-96 are longer than the 97-99, so to install a 97-99 nose on a 95-96 would require one of two things. You either cut the nose to fit around the new 95-96 head lights, or buy 97-99 head lights. As far as internals, well, I have the 420a so not much help, but I belong to a board that can help tremndously. www.dsmtuners.com I hope that I've answered some of your questions.

Thanks ENEVEL, thats just the info i was looking for. Thankx for the the link too, i'll check it out when i get home from work.

Back