Red Pro5 Semi-Build

ahh nice a fellow vw fan. if you are ever in the stl area, ill be selling my wheels here soon...not sure on price yet, but they will come with tires.
your looking at 5x114.3 for the wheels on the pro5.
if you have any questions about anything let me know, im more than happy to help.
i love that mk3, its my favorite body style. before i got the pro5 i was looking at a mk4 gli 1.8t.

Thanks man. Appreciate the info as well. You have good taste and are detail oriented, which I like :)

How's your audio setup coming along? Did you get your new amp?

The stock stereo in my p5 was kind of a let down. Tone wasn't terrible, but power seems awful...they distort quickly and there no soundstage to speak of. I wish the front 5x7 wasn't pointed at my ankles... I feel like everything is balanced to the right because the left is so muffled. The tweeters in the door sails don't really seem to add much either. And the stock sub, well, it's cute, but...that's about all I can say.

Anyway, for starters I just ordered a set of Polk db571s for my front doors and some Polk db651s for my rear doors. Will be driven by the pioneer AVH-X2500BT deck, for now anyway. I'd like to put a dedicated 4ch amp in when money is freer. I'll probably keep my stock p5 sub (lol) daisy chained in for now, barring any problems.

audio so far is polk components in the doors, i dont have door sail tweeters..might have to look into that. im not sure what is in the back doors, PO had all the door speakers installed. PO also had a clarion amp, i havent switched it out for the alpine yet.

ive been having some connection issues with the driver side speaker lately and was planning on taking out the door card and getting to the bottom of it, but i wanted to purchase some deadening before i started, not only for better acoustics but to also keep the road noise down. there are just a few things i would like to get done before the audio aspect of things. wheels, brakes, new cat are in queue as we speak. but once that is all said and done, audio is the next step.

Cool. Yeah, road noise on the p5 is an issue. Part of me (the 18 year old that drove a mk1 GTI) loves it for the raw sound, but the older, more curmudgeonly part of me wishes it was quieter so I could hear my dang music (lol)

Problem is I definitely don't have the motivation to gut my door panels to apply sound deadening. Maybe it's not s bad...let me know how yours goes.

when it comes to driving i need to hear my music when i want to, and have it quiet when i want to. there is a link in my thread somewhere of a "how to" rip out the interior/put in deadener. doesnt look too hard. but the mk3 was a piece of cake to take out and put back in (seats, center console, and carpet) in about an hour. hopefully this goes just as smooth

update on wheels.
on to the pictures.
IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

thanks! and no ididnt use any clear on the wheels. i just made sure that i laid on a final wet coat to give it that shine.
but now i have a caliper seizing so im going to have her towed to my guys garage and get her looked at and hopefully fixed soon.

some pics from today..cell phone pics
867D3C00-B850-4605-AB17-8BE7FB62F0A1-700-0000003C06A812CD.jpg

DACB310B-A3B4-4784-ABF3-D1025B2C39AC-700-0000003C017636AC.jpg

853E2206-62C7-425B-A668-7F4E3ABC869A-700-0000003BF6E386C9.jpg

6C6C63A6-CB08-4F79-8075-89D5873D3D2B-700-0000003BEAB87BFF.jpg

my favorite
85FCDBD3-1051-445C-A75C-59C3650D2629-700-0000003BFC8C6C98.jpg

i am in need of blackout headlights, fog lights and side markers.

HID retro fit has to be the next mod. i remember coming across a projector that doesnt require the cutting of the actual housing. does anyone have a link for that projector..not wanting to cut ,mine to pieces...

front driver side is different thanks to the PO. its on my list of things to fix. but other than that, they are all the same.

Back