Rear brake squeak

Thanks for the info. I checked my VIN, and the TSB doesn't apply to my car, but I certainly appreciate your effort in posting the info.

I had a nasty grinding sound coming from the rear whenever I applied the brakes. Mazda replaced the rear brake pads today with a new set (new part #). Tech said it was part of a TSB.

Does anyone have a website that I can go to and download the other service bulletins, i believe there was also one issued for the tires and how the car sits on them. not sure if this is something they can fix but i want to see what other "issues" mazda has acknowledged...Thanks

Wow. The service department at our local dealership doesn't even know about this, or they aren't telling us. I suspect they don't know. The service manager has this problem with his CX-9 and my wife has it with hers.

And we're in the last 8 months/6K miles of our warranty.

I started a TSB thread for CX9 over edmunds.com.
There are links to go to all TSBs and some were posted there.
Both front and rear brakes have TSBs on them.
My front brake noise was taken care of.
Be aware that the brake warranty is 1yr/12K miles.
After that, it depends on your negotiation skill.

Well, Ceric was right. I took the CX-9 in and asked them to apply all three brake (2 rear, 1 front) TSB and they would only do one rear TSB under warranty. So we had that one done, had the clock TSB done, and got it back yesterday. And now? No brake squeak.

But we have the clicking when it goes into reverse.

Into reverse: Click-click

Into forward: click-click

Repeat as necessary.

Can't WAIT to see what they say on this one, since there isn't even a TSB for it.

I had the clicking. It was nothing but the front driver's side hub needing a little lube on the splines. The tech who drove it knew exactly what it was as soon as he heard it. Easy fix.

All the other techs at 2 dealers had no idea what it was.

I'm starting to lose a little faith in the new techs at our dealer. Might be time to drive across town for maintenance, but I'll have them check it out. Thanks.

Stealth01,
Service technicians are humans.
Some are more capable than others.
Time to visit another dealer.

Any 2009 models affected?

just found this forum...nice info all around.

regarding the brake squeak, has anyone experienced on the 09 models? i have a GT AWD and it seems (in the mornings mostly but occasionally in the afternoon) my brakes squeak (think it's just the rear but could be both front/rear). wondering if it's just mine or a standard problem.

Back