Rally Armor owners - winter experiences?

I just really dislike how they look personally.

My buddy has an 08 STI with the front rally armor UR flaps only and it looked pretty nice actually. Tasteful, nothing overdone.

You can sorta see it in this picture:
DSC_0002edited.jpg

Last edited:
3095163853_7f788f4919_o.jpg

Well we had a tiny bit of snow last night, enough to have the roads covered this morning. I went to the store before work and noticed some slush build up on the flap and not on the car. so looks like they are working!

Sorry for the quick iphone picture but was already late to work.

Well, I don't have pics up yet, but I installed my UR flaps a few weeks ago. I am running some +47 offset wheels with snow tires. The flaps really do a nice job. Where I live, they use gravel and no salt for the winter. This should help prevent some of the rock chips I was getting. The side of the car still gets dirty with spray, but you don't get the huge build up anymore. I also don't get as much spray up on the side windows.

Personally, I like the look in the winter. We will see if I leave them on in the summer though. The snow doesn't build up as thick on the UR's either. I think this is partly due to the smooth finish and partly because they are flexible and can shake off the ice.

I dont really care for the look of the RA flaps but they do seem to be functional, cost a lot in my opinion but my car looks a lot worse than yours does Mike and I've just been hoping that someone else would come out with mud flaps.

Silver,

I'm in the same boat, mostly cuz you stole me winter wheel/tire combo, but I got mine first. =D

I'm gonna look into the RA basics (which at $40 not $110) for winter use only, and then go back to no flaps/stock wheels for summer use.

Damn, my car is dirty, but the rain today washed some of it off for me. LOL

I have had my speed3 for a month now and before it started snowing in wisconsin, I noticed that some rocks or something have been scratching my paint in front of my driver door as I am turning. These cars really need some factory mudflaps.

remote starters are for lazy people............what a fkin waste of gas.....

1. Car only needs to run for a second
2. It warms up way faster when you drive it
3. No wonder we used to pay $5 bucks a gallon
4. Only time you need to waste gas is when you are cooling the turbo

where do you live? obviously somewhere that doesnt get cold... if i run my car for 10 minutes before i drive it, it heats up alot ******* faster than if i just start driving... and it is not good for your car to just start it and drive it right away in the cold, it's not good for the turbo especially.

Last edited:
i was going to get the basics, but with how cold it gets here and sometimes the slush freezes in the wheel wells, i thought they might break.. So I bought the URs because they are a little more flexible, especially in the cold.

I hope rally armor wouldn't sell some flaps that will break..even if they are "basic"...

Blue-sun, hehe we can be twins if you want! Ill order the basics if you do!!

I hope rally armor wouldn't sell some flaps that will break..even if they are "basic"...

Blue-sun, hehe we can be twins if you want! Ill order the basics if you do!!

does yours have a drop in K & N filter and an unamused magnet/sticker on the now debadged hatch?

unamused.jpg

The flaps are on my x-mas list to the wife. If I don't get them for x-mas, my b-day is mid-january so I'll get them soon enough.

Hehe, I don't have a drop in filter, but I hope to have some type of intake soon!

Are you going to run full flaps? I am honestly considering just installing the fronts. The rears are a PITA to install from the looks of the installation guide.

the rears really weren't that bad. Decent drill. Start with small bit and take your time. If its the install that bothers you don't worry. If its the looks of them ... fair enough. G'luck!

They really aren't hard to install at all. I would suggest taking the rear wheels off, as I did one side with the wheel on and got annoyed rather quickly. Took maybe 15 minutes per corner. I haven't driven the car in snow yet because I have the stock tires, but the roads around here have been absolutely covered with little pebbles and I haven't noticed any paint chips.

Hehe, I don't have a drop in filter, but I hope to have some type of intake soon!

Are you going to run full flaps? I am honestly considering just installing the fronts. The rears are a PITA to install from the looks of the installation guide.

I haven't looked at the installation guide yet, but I think if I get the flaps, I'll just install them all.

Side note: First decent snow last night, got to drive home in the thick of it, these General Artimax snow tires rock. Granted, I never have driven on snows tires before and it was just 1 drive home (23 miles) last night, but the only time my traction control light came one was when I initially left my work parking lot and I gave the car too much gas. =D

I just really dislike how they look personally.

My buddy has an 08 STI with the front rally armor UR flaps only and it looked pretty nice actually. Tasteful, nothing overdone.

You can sorta see it in this picture:
DSC_0002edited.jpg

wow....white ftw huh? never heard of the kkk for vehicles? lol. quick thread jack im sure people wouldnt mind hearing about. hows the comparo between your sti and speed3?

i have the mud flaps and they work great. everything stayes under the wheel well and nothing really hits the sides unless your doing some serious cornering. then again its only a freak thing when it happens. i like the way they look but they way they perform is the main thing here. and they do what they are supposed to....thats what some other flaps cannot claim.

after it rains here and then drys up i have harldy any dirt lines from the highway. you know what i mean? the "leftovers" that dry onto your doors. once it snows a significant amount here ill post a pic or two of the mudflap stoppage,

wow....white ftw huh? never heard of the kkk for vehicles? lol. quick thread jack im sure people wouldnt mind hearing about. hows the comparo between your sti and speed3?

i have the mud flaps and they work great. everything stayes under the wheel well and nothing really hits the sides unless your doing some serious cornering. then again its only a freak thing when it happens. i like the way they look but they way they perform is the main thing here. and they do what they are supposed to....thats what some other flaps cannot claim.

after it rains here and then drys up i have harldy any dirt lines from the highway. you know what i mean? the "leftovers" that dry onto your doors. once it snows a significant amount here ill post a pic or two of the mudflap stoppage,

Haha after that picture we lined it up with my car in there too.

From the sounds of it the RA flaps work great, arent too bad of an install, little pricey but most mud flaps are. I should probably just buy a set, especially if I'm going to continue dicking around in empty parking lots on fresh snow.

Haha after that picture we lined it up with my car in there too.

From the sounds of it the RA flaps work great, arent too bad of an install, little pricey but most mud flaps are. I should probably just buy a set, especially if I'm going to continue dicking around in empty parking lots on fresh snow.

thats right...leave the STI outside. at least you know the order of importance though. ahhaha.

Back