Race seats etc.

kneedragger89

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey i am wanting to put race seats in my msp. How about pics, advice, experiences etc. Also lets talk about about harnesses and mounting.

When you say race seats do you mean fixed back seats or reclinable seats with bolsters?

If your doing this on a DD, fixed back seats and floor brackets arent the most comfortable thing in the world. You sit on the floor, and every passenger you have will break their hip trying to get over the side bolster.

i would recommend sparco torino. gave my grandma a ride today and she got in and out just fine.

what can yall tell me about installing them any tips or is it pretty easy. also what have yall done or what advice do yall have in regards to everything harnesses, mounting, types brands, necessity anything. thanks

take out old seats, put new ones in.

as far as seat brackets, i used the ones from Wedge engineering. Ill have a set on sale soon since I no longer have my protege. they are just sitting in my garage.

take out old seats, put new ones in.

as far as seat brackets, i used the ones from Wedge engineering. Ill have a set on sale soon since I no longer have my protege. they are just sitting in my garage.

For what kind of seat is those brackets for? Sparco? if so ill buy them from you!!!! :D

what can yall tell me about installing them any tips or is it pretty easy. also what have yall done or what advice do yall have in regards to everything harnesses, mounting, types brands, necessity anything. thanks

Since you want reclinable seats and won't have any rollover protection I wouldn't recommend any harness unless you wear it only during autoXing. For that, a 4 point Schroth ASM is your safest bet.

Since you want reclinable seats and won't have any rollover protection I wouldn't recommend any harness unless you wear it only during autoXing. For that, a 4 point Schroth ASM is your safest bet.

yeah i realized that i couldnt have both reclinable seats and harnesses i felt pretty dumb lol. i dont remember the last time i reclined my seats anyways, still cant decide. also what do yall think about ebay off brand race seats, never heard anything and cant find any reviews, im basically just looking for the looks not so much needing the security of the seat.

Well I appreciate your honesty about just for looks. I had a cheap "Nex" brand fixed back racing seat in one of my Civics and I loved it. I usually sit upright anyway because I drive like a nerd, no gangsta lean for me, thanks. But the Nex fixed back I had and the Momo fixed back seats my friend had in his Civic were VERY comfortable, even on 5+ hour long drives. I'm looking to get an inexpesive fixed back seat for my P5 soon too and have been tempted by the eBay seats. I'm not going to be doing any racing or much, if any, auto-xing in my car. I just like them because they are comfortable and you really feel better connected with the car.

Back