R&T AWD Sedan Comparo: A4 - LegacyGT - 325ix - IS250AWD - MazdaSpeed6 - G35x - S40 T5

Newf said:
never mind, even the plain jane gt is 40 grand. ouch

Main reason why I went with the MSP when I heard it was available.

R

With the amount of propblems people have with VW/Audis, I don't care how nice the interior is or how much the "old fogeys" from R/T liked the car... I'd never buy one. To me, in terms of reliability, you're better off with a freakin domestic!

Having said that... this is a two pony race. The 91 octane thing bugs me... WTF was RT thinking? But doesn't the LGT require 93 as well? If so, I guess it's even... but still, they should have gotten some 93.

Putting that aside, how this Posideon clown could say the LGT is superior to the MS6 in every which way is beyond me. I've driven both cars as well as, while I definitely wouldn't kick either out of bed, there's really no comparrison in my eyes. The "amenities" that have already been brought up (steering wheel audio controls, aux lin-in, HID, etc.) have to factor into the mix.. so does styling. Put the two cars next to eachother and it's like comparing a schnouzer to a pit bull. Even with Mazda's apparent focus on making the ms6 a bit of a sleeper, it still looks badass IMO. The LGT, on the other hand, is a wolf in sheep's clothing all the way. While I can see how some might dig that... for my 30k+, I need more.

Speaking of price... yet another factor that RT doesn't seem to mention. (though I admitedly haven't read the entire article) After doing some price comparrisons, it seem that the LGT spec B is about 4k more than the MS6 GT. Obviously it's tough to make an apples to apples comparrison since both cars have a lot of extras... so I basically kept them stock and comparred sticker. That's not a little difference in price. That's the difference between a base WRX and an STi... A base EVO and an MR. Clearly those cars aren't in the other's respective league... so why does RT feel these are and why wasn't that factored into things?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... for those interested in a midsize, awd car with tons of power, handling and style, (and.. oh yeah! something the others, especially the LGT can't possibly compete with: exclusivity) the MS6 is the best value out there.

If it came in compact size I'd have one in my driveway.... I'm not a fan of big cars so hopefully Mazda will knock the ball out of the park with the MS3 as they did here.. but I doubt it.

TurboAddict said:
That just seems like TOO big of a difference though. It took 18.7 sec to accelerate from 60-100mph - a mazda 3 would have pulled away from it!

I agree. The fact that some people believe that this is actually the time that it is necessary for the MS6 to attain this speed is absolutely ludicrous. How could something NOT be wrong. All anyone has to do is drive the car to recognize this.

R

CHICO2003 said:
With the amount of propblems people have with VW/Audis, I don't care how nice the interior is or how much the "old fogeys" from R/T liked the car... I'd never buy one. To me, in terms of reliability, you're better off with a freakin domestic!

Well looks like no potato chips at the VAG company picnic. Darn. I have owned 2 VW Passats and 4 Audis. I have never had any major trouble with any of them.

To me in terms of reliability, you are better off having actually knowledge then relying on things you've heard from some guy.

I have come to this board for more information to see whether or not I want to add a Mazda Speed6 to the stable. It seems like there are way too many fan boys that insist that their car is the best just because that is the one they bought. (hand)

im putting 94 octane in my car ONLY , i live in montreal .

u guys have to try that, then u can talk about how fast the car is. the car is insane.

Back