Questions about end links

BigBlueDart

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT
There was a thread awhile back where some folks were discussing the end links. Some were noticing suspension noises that went away after replacing the end links with some from Moog/Rasbestos/AC Delco. I think they're all the same part, really, and reportedly sturdier than stock. So, my question is how much a difference adjustable end links make. I'm debating between one of the above or getting a set of Steeda Fiesta end links. I plan to eventually drop the car on CS springs and shocks. I'll also replace the swaybar with CS's. So, would it be worth it for a daily driver that would maybe go to a track day once in a blue moon and an autocross whenever it lands on a Saturday? I guess I'm thinking that I probably wouldn't adjust it much and am just wondering if I'm better off with adjustables on aftermarket swaybar and lowered.

I have the B-Spec end link on my car (You only need one). Unless you plan to corner balance the car, they are mostly just bling factor.

The purpose of corner balancing and zeroing sway bar pre-load is to give the car predictable handing in BOTH left and right turns, and probably much more important in RWD cars like the miata IMO. Me, i can't tell a rat's arse between my 2 being nicely balanced or having a +170lb passenger/instructor in the car screwing up the balance. I can just tell that my car is heavier and therefore slower. :(

As well as them also being a bit more expensive, I would also worry about the exposed joint's being subjected to the abuse of daily driving weather and dirt elements.

+'s
Corner balancing, zeroing out pre-load
They are pretty
Because Racecar!

-'s
Corrosion resistance
Cost

Just my 2 cents. How much are the Steeda's?

Edit: Sorry about your car, just saw the thread with you getting hit. :/

Last edited:
Get NON-greasable end links if you go aftermarket. Moog or Raybestos are pretty good in general. I deal with working on all makes and models and most aftermarket parts blow, especially any greasable aftermarket parts... generally the boots seal badly or the joints bind, and the tolerances are usually slightly looser so if you don't grease it religiously... it WILL fail and get noisy.

I'll echo the above in that unless you're corner-balancing the car adjustable end links won't make a difference, and the little they MIGHT, you won't feel it.

I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is if I should get shorter or longer end links if/when I'm lowering the car. Adjustable end links would make that easier, but I could see getting cheaper end links that are just the right length and configuration.

There really isn't a huge range of useful adjustment since the end links run so close the control arms anyway. As long as you're not slamming it stupid low there are no problems with running stock endlink length.

Plus all aftermarket links that are non-adjustable will be the same length, unless you look for a similar application that has the same bolt hole sizes but slightly shorter.

In a nut shell it really doesn't matter what you get, they'll all do what they need to do.

Ok, thanks. I'm thinking I'll just go with the Raybestos part, then. That seemed to be getting the best traction in the old thread on this topic.

Back