Questions about accesstuner race

monstersix

:
2006 mazdaspeed 6
Quick question about tuning with this. I am planning on tuning for flat foot shift. (wot shifting) on my ap. I set the limiter and flash map. Right. But what's a good rev limit for wot shifting. You can fine tune the rev limit.

Question 2: for launch controll. What's a good rev for that one as well?

And I think I'm going to tune my idle up a little bit. Any yays or nays about any of these. Or any answers. ? Much appriciated. Those are the only things I want to mess with.

WOT shifting I have mine set at 5200 rpm, launch control i have it set at 4100rpm and raising your idle is a good thing because it helps create vacuum on the crankcase to pull the oil from the turbo drain line. 950rpm is a good idle rpm.

well you save the map to your accessport and then hook that up to your car and flash it. you do have the accessport right?

no not really, only real way is to switch from a draw-thru maf to blow-thru. basically you move the maf from it's current location to after the bypass valve and before the throttle body. there are some that have done this with success.

I've got my flat foot set @ 5,000rpm and I'm shifting @ 6,000. Launch control I put @ 3,800rpm. According to the tach though this puts me at 4,000rpm.

I've also moved my idle up to 900rpm. It smooths out the vibration from the stiffer motor mounts.

I dunno WTF I did. But I set my launch at 4500
Set my flatfoot. At 5200. And got on free way. And it hit 4500 and was Doin the whole launch control thing. Is there something I'm Missin?!? Y would it rev limit at my lc rpm?

You need to set the launch control speed. This is the speed at which the LC rev limit shuts off and it goes to the flat foot rpm limit. By default it's some really high number. I set mine at 3. Here's a screen shot- untitled.JPG

Last edited:
Ha ha. Dam. Ok. Sweet. I was like WTF. Sweet. Thanks guys. How is launch on these cars. Pretty effective? And ffs. Is it worth having. ?

The flat foot shifting is awesome. It totally gets rid of the hesitation when getting back on the gas after a quick shift our cars have. I've only used the LC a few times. It's a lot easier to get a good launch and nicer to the drivetrain then my non LC launches at the strip.

Good info. Can't wait to run it. I was confused. I thought the speed for lc. Was when It engages. So I put 0. Thinking at 0 is when it would work. But I was back ass wards. Lol. Thanks man.

you want the speed at like 15 cause this is the point where it is disengaged.

also banzairx, over on the other forum we are working with cobb to eliminate that hesitation you get if you have launch control and flat foot shifting set but don't flat foot shift at wot. the problem is if you shift normally at wot with those thing enabled it retards your timing and dumps fuel when you get back on it in the next gear causing the hesitation.

Back