Question for UNICHIP users?

zx12ninja

:
Black Mica MSP
I just installed my unichip from Cork Sports. For some reason I seem to hit fuel cut at 6psi, when running on map a, with the boost switch on or off. And I also cant boost any higher than 6-7psi on any setting. Could I have something installed wrong, or could this be a UNICHIP issue?

Happens to me all the time. I run intake and because of the cooler air the air is more condensed. Making you hit fuel cut when you boost. So either run map b with high octane gas, or run map a and no stock boost. Atleast until the air gets alittle warmer. Thats what i do and im alright, looking forward to the warmer weather.

So someone with a completely stock set-up shouldnt have this problem?

Depends on where you got your unichip. I know the corksport unichip was tuned for a slightly modded MSP. Intake, Downpipe, if i'm not mistaken. Cause I remember wondering if i needed to have mine retuned for the mods I have and was informed the only difference from their setup was my FMIC.

Today it was 70 outside and I still couldnt boost hire than 8 dropping to 5 and holding. I dont thinkthe EBC is working. I contacted Cork and they are looking into the issue.

The Stock Boost map is setup for a stock car. The 10PSI map and Advanced Timing Map (Map B) are setup for a CAI and trubo-back exhaust. Thats stright from Corksport, this may be why some people are having problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Projekt Tuner said:
Depends on where you got your unichip. I know the corksport unichip was tuned for a slightly modded MSP. Intake, Downpipe, if i'm not mistaken.

There is only one Unichip for the MazdaSpeed Proteges. The 'performance' maps were done around aftermarket intake and exhaust.

The cut issue was addressed at one point. But now with this super cold weather I am getting the cut again myself. When I take my car back for bigger injector maps I will bring this up to them again and hopefully get it resolved.

HorsepowerFreak said:
There is only one Unichip for the MazdaSpeed Proteges. The 'performance' maps were done around aftermarket intake and exhaust.

The cut issue was addressed at one point. But now with this super cold weather I am getting the cut again myself. When I take my car back for bigger injector maps I will bring this up to them again and hopefully get it resolved.
So then do you think the problem would arise due to a car not having the mods the maps were created for.
And someone just running stock maps in a stock car should have no problem ?

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Unichip built the original unit on my car and I am getting the cut issue again now that it's colder out.

BUt I dont get if zx12ninja is driving in 70 degree weather why he could be having a similar problem. Dont get me wrong I think your problem should be figured out as well, buit maybe hes got a faulty unit?

Regardless the temperature you are in, it should not cut.

I have also heard issues of the wastegates not working properly. Might be worth looking into also.

Man, it seems like everyone is having fuel cut problems with their chips.. I have only experienced fuel cut on several occassions. And those times I was running with the 1. boost controller on (green light on) 2. and on Map A (button in same position as the green lit button. Ensure that you have the ECU switch in the on (o pushed down). One other note also, I don't know if it really matters, but I was told to never change the boost settings while the car was on ( but it could be a lie, either way, I still shut the engine off )

I have only hit fuel cut on days when it was atleast 30 degrees or below. And I have only had it happen when in 4th or 5th gear trying to do a hard excelleration ( make a pass or something ).

I can't say whether or not the chip is holding boost or not. I have yet to install my guages. But i will say this, it doenst feel like it's holding boost. It's either not holding or there is a leak in my plastic piping. Good luck man. Hope this helps..

Back