Question about unlocking doors

gtxjoe

Hi,

Just purchased a 2009 Grand Touring with the keyless entry system. Does anyone know if you can unlock all the doors when pushing the button once on the door handle?

Right now, 1 push unlocks only the driver door, and a second push is needed to unlock the remaining doors. I want to be able to unlock all the doors on the first try. I couldn't find it in the user manual, but I could have missed it.

My Infiniti lets you program this option: 2 stage unlock or 1 stage unlock, and I would like the Mazda to be setup the same.

Thanks

As I recalled, nothing mentioned in the owner manual book on the matter. Maybe, others might know a trick way around it.

gtxJoe,
Short answer is NO. Not possible w/o modification (hardware).
My Toyota Prius allows users to customers it through a set of procedures. You don't need to go to dealers to do it.
For Mazda, this cannot be done. Trust me. I tried and read through the entire WorkShop manual.

The passenger side and the hatch button unlock all doors at one press.

Last edited:
Your only option is to use the passenger-side button or the one on the hatch to unlock all doors at once.

This is deemed to be a "safety concern" (imagine opening the door at a dark parking lot at night... you probably don't want all doors opened automatically so a hijacker can get in from other doors)

The bottom line is that you probably will get used to it as I have.

The two-stage can be quite fun when both people have the "key" and are pressing the button on the driver & passenger side.

We typically just approach the car from the rear and press the hatch button on the way to the doors to unlock them all. Conversely, my wife is usually my co-pilot, so she has one of the fobs in her purse and can unlock all from the pass door, too.

More of a pain is getting out and going to a rear door and finding it locked. You must go to the front door(...or the rear hatch), lock the vehicle, then do the push the button twice thingy. What a pain.

One of these days I will remember to use the inside 'unlock' doors button everytime I get out. Might as well as I cannot use the button to lock the vehicle.

I am sure glad you guys are too young to remember the pull knobs on top of each door.

Or those poor Dukes of Hazzard, who had to literally climb in through the window to get in or out. Now those were the days...

My Audi could be reprogrammed via the VAG tool (versions of which were widely available via third parties). There was a code that could be entered that would switch the unlocking system from 2 clicks to one. I had never found the code in my service manual (then again it wasn't the factory manual, but the Bentley version), just something that a website has posted (along with locking the car when reaching 15 mph, and opening and shutting all the windows while holding the unlock/lock button).

Too bad Mazda can't get this done, seems to me that it would be a simple software modification, just like the Audi. I don't buy the "safety" argument, if someone wants to hijack you they will come to your driver window and nicely point a gun at your head.

My Audi could be reprogrammed via the VAG tool (versions of which were widely available via third parties). There was a code that could be entered that would switch the unlocking system from 2 clicks to one. I had never found the code in my service manual (then again it wasn't the factory manual, but the Bentley version), just something that a website has posted (along with locking the car when reaching 15 mph, and opening and shutting all the windows while holding the unlock/lock button).

I don't buy the "safety" argument, if someone wants to hijack you they will come to your driver window and nicely point a gun at your head.

Actually, you do not even need any kind of VAG tools for any of the VW/Audi/Porche vehicles. Even the least expensive Golf you can go into the multi function display and reprogram the locks any way you want, 1 door, 2 doors, all doors on one side or all doors plus hatch at one push of the button. I don't buy the safety issue either. On my Touareg, no need to push buttons, as soon as you touch any of the door handles, (as long as the keyfob is in your pocket) the door unlocks to the way you have programmed them. Honda minivans and Ridgeline are owner programmable as well.

Actually, you do not even need any kind of VAG tools for any of the VW/Audi/Porche vehicles. Even the least expensive Golf you can go into the multi function display and reprogram the locks any way you want, 1 door, 2 doors, all doors on one side or all doors plus hatch at one push of the button. I don't buy the safety issue either. On my Touareg, no need to push buttons, as soon as you touch any of the door handles, (as long as the keyfob is in your pocket) the door unlocks to the way you have programmed them. Honda minivans and Ridgeline are owner programmable as well.

I understand the safety issues for those living in crime prone areas.

But the 'one push opens all' should be at the owners discretion. Whether it's a simple owners procedure or dealers programming function.

Get it done Mazda.

By the way JRT, is Sticky Fingers still in operation in Mt.P? Great ribs...

It's not so much the flexing as it is it actually not working every time for me anyway. Mine doesn't always seem to catch the second push at all, which makes it impossible to use the automatic liftgate feature, which I rather enjoy when it does work. Kind of pisses me off. I can't imagine that my battery needs to be replaced already and it doesn't seem to matter which side or front or back of the car i'm pointing the thing at either.

It's not so much the flexing as it is it actually not working every time for me anyway. Mine doesn't always seem to catch the second push at all, which makes it impossible to use the automatic liftgate feature, which I rather enjoy when it does work. Kind of pisses me off. I can't imagine that my battery needs to be replaced already and it doesn't seem to matter which side or front or back of the car i'm pointing the thing at either.

To open the hatch remotely on the CX-9, you have to push the unlock button twice and then push the hatch button and keep your finger on it for 2 sec while your hands are full and getting soaked in rain. My wife says whats the point of that? My Touareg you just touch the hatch handle and it opens or push the remote button for 2 sec. Much simpler than the CX9.

Latest posts

Back