Question about a swap

I am new, this is my first post. The other forum I am on could not answer my question. I just aquired a 91 mazda 323 hatchback. What is a good swap for this car, that is not that crazy when it comes to wiring and or instalation. I am a previous Honda owner and know nothing about Mazda.

Matthew said:
if it doesnt have the BP-T you could swap that in...
As in the motor that comes in the GTX I belive, the turbo? I would prefer a N/A motor, something DOHC with more power that the stock motor but nothing crazy.

mp5jeff said:
bah, go with a bp-t, much more power! and alot better internals...
Care to explain what that is, as in what size (displacement) and what kind of car is comes in stock. Remember I am a previous Honda owner and know little about Mazda.

its a 1.8l turbo. gtx is 180 hp and the rare hard to find gtr is 210. just stick with the gtx. go to corksport and look under the jspec engines and youll see it. www.corksport.com either way search google and find an engine importer to find a motor and im telling you swap it in you wont regret it. my mx-3 hauls balls now. 220hp and 211 tq at the wheels at 13 psi and pretty much nuthing done to the motor other than higher boost than stock and intake and exhaust with fmic. just the normal stuff.

use the mitsu starion fmic and youll be fion as they are very cheap.

Back