push button start

Which one, the first or the second. I don't have the car right now so I cant test it.

Which one, the first or the second. I don't have the car right now so I cant test it.

Opps sorry, I thought you wrote 2 sentences.
The doors will not lock if the fob is detected inside the car, so the first.

Confirmed. Got my car back and tried to lock the keys in; it wont let me. Unless this feature can be disabled I have no idea how she managed to lock her keys in.

Confirmed. Got my car back and tried to lock the keys in; it wont let me. Unless this feature can be disabled I have no idea how she managed to lock her keys in.

By manually locking the doors with the button, and leaving the keys in there. Same way you've been able to lock you keys in the car since the beginning of time. Shocking, right? Time to go and complain on the internet!

This problem can only occur in 13/14 gs models. The gt tech package are fine. The 2015 are different. Problem fixed for a reason beef head beefy

This problem can only occur in 13/14 gs models.

And every other car in existence before these sort of automatic locks became available. If you deliberately lock your doors by deliberately pushing a button, then leaving your keys in the car...... I still don't possibly understand how you can be surprised or indignant at the outcome.

Guys, something may be faulty too, I have a 2014 M6GT and three times this past winter the car locked on its own while running, all doors closed and me outside of it with the fob in my pocket while cleaning off snow/ice. I thought the car would not lock while running, luckily for me the fob was in my pocket. What's worse, to unlock it so I could get in, I had to manually unlock it with the key because the damned fob would not unlock it with the car already running. Wtf!

Beefy. No hard feelings. Obviously we both are pationate about out mazdas otherwise we wouldn't be in this forum. But seriously.

The problem is I don't get a chance to develop a habit by using the fob. My car doesn't have one and I lock the doors from the inside when leaving I'm sure I'd get used to using my wife's fob. Maybe I'm nieve. But I really don't see the point of it. In the end you still need a fob. Which is like carrying a key. It's one think if the button works with your finger prints and you can open the door and lock with finger swipe. That way you don't need to carry anything. To me that would be cool.

No sweat Rob, and don't feel bad about your wife leaving keys locked-in in the car three times or 100, or about rude comments from others, we all make mistakes and we all have out pet peeves and recurring errors. Yes, we're all enthusiasts here to some degree, but what may be second nature to us (about paying attention with the key fobs or whatnot) may not even be in your wife's radar whatsoever. When was the last time you paid constant attention to something non-important to you but very important to her, whatever it is? So no harm no foul at the end of the day. I know my cars are important to me but my wife could care less, so long as they have gas and get her where she needs to go. On the other hand, it is important to her for me not to leave crap laying around the house and instead be orderly and neat, something that I don't always pay attention to after getting home from a two-hour commute from work. Zoom Zoom dude.

No sweat Rob, and don't feel bad about your wife leaving keys locked-in in the car three times or 100, or about rude comments from others, we all make mistakes and we all have out pet peeves and recurring errors.

Mistakes are fine. Blaming someone else for them, not so much.

It's all good dudes. Hey. This is a pretty good forum tho. What do you say. How about we talk about the good things our mazda has

Guys, something may be faulty too, I have a 2014 M6GT and three times this past winter the car locked on its own while running, all doors closed and me outside of it with the fob in my pocket while cleaning off snow/ice. I thought the car would not lock while running, luckily for me the fob was in my pocket. What's worse, to unlock it so I could get in, I had to manually unlock it with the key because the damned fob would not unlock it with the car already running. Wtf!

It is likely with the fob in your pocket your leaning against the car caused something, another key or clothing or a chunk of snow folded into the fob and pressed the button. Happened to me. I'll have to look at the manual to see why the key was required to open it...strange

Last edited:
I think GM wishes it had push start on all vehicles. My wife's HHR is one of the recalled vehicles for the ignition replacement.

Back