Protege5 Factory Roof Rack For Sale

I pulled off the factory rack and installed a Yakima system back in 2003. The factory setup has been in a box in the garage ever since. I also have Thule Fat Mouth clamps and short Thule bars that mount to the factory load bars so you can use Thule carriers that require a square bar. I'm cleaning up the garage so I'll let this stuff go pretty cheap. Make me an offer and you can come get it. I live in Southeast MA. PM me so I get a notification. Thanks.

~Greg

IMG_1984.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're going to need proper pics before the mods close this... take a picture of all the items with a small sign that has your username, today's date, and your username you'll be good

I can't get to it until Wednesday. I didn't read the posting rules until it was too late. I know it's pretty blurry and my handwriting is too small. Take it down if you need to and I'll repost it.

I can't get to it until Wednesday. I didn't read the posting rules until it was too late. I know it's pretty blurry and my handwriting is too small. Take it down if you need to and I'll repost it.
Shoot one of us marketplace mods a PM when you're ready.

Edit: PM received and photo added, thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, the side rails are staying on the car. Removing them requires pulling out the headliner. I'd also have to buy the cosmetic strips that sit in the rain gutter. I'm aiming for a buyer that already has the side rails installed and just needs the load bars and hardware.

Could you post a pic of your car with the yakima setup cuz I have the oem roof rack uninstalled and am considering installing it or getting a yakima...I'm not sure how it would look with the roof bars still there.

I wrote this 10 years ago when I first got the car. The first half is about using the factory rack. The second half has photos of the Yakima setup. At the time the side rails prevented the use of Thule feet so I had to use Yakima stuff. Round bars suck pretty bad because the carriers spin no matter how much they're tightened. Thule has newer feet called the 480 feet so I'd check to see if they fit before going with Yakima.

http://home.comcast.net/~gtolley/rack.htm

Back