Pricing on a used '07 Mazda5?

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring; 2016 Mazda3 Sport
I've noticed an '07 Mazda5 on a small used lot near here, and if my eyes aren't tricking me they're asking something under $5000. I think this is the first Five I've seen priced much under $10,000 - part of why we sprung for a brand-new '12 model a year ago. Don't know the mileage or specifics about the condition of this '07, only that it looks decent at a glance while driving by.

My question is, would an asking price under $5,000 sound about right to those familiar with the first-gen models, or would that price ring a bell in people's heads for rear suspension issues (user torquelover tells me the IRS got some upgrades for '12) or something else equally annoying?

Get a CarFax on it first of all. It's gotta have tons of miles and maybe some issues to be that cheap.

Run away. Too good to be true! Also stay away from mom n pop used car dealers. They are almost ALL wreck/damaged fixer uppers they get for cheap at deale auctions. Some wrecked worst than others. Could be repos but small dealers would not be able to bid on them bc low profit margin. Check VIN for history but even this is not 100% reliable. Unless you know what you are looking for, stay away from it; unless it has tons of miles ^.

If it smells like mildew - probably a Sandy car :-(, I understand they are appearing in the market. One other problem area with Mazda 5's are transmissions

I just booked my 06 last week. $8K+ private party with 60K on the clock. I would steer clear of anything under $7500 no matter what the mileage. Starting price on a lot should be much closer to $10K.

I just booked my 06 last week. $8K+ private party with 60K on the clock. I would steer clear of anything under $7500 no matter what the mileage. Starting price on a lot should be much closer to $10K.

Excellent info there. I figured there'd got to be something noteworthy wrong at that price, or else that particular dealer thought no one locally would care about a Five unless it was stupidly cheap. We're not actually in the market to replace our (very reliable and extremely cheap to live with) '03 Cavalier at this time, but it was exciting to see any Mazda5 available used, especially right here in town. I was feeling mildly tempted to actually stop and kick the tires, but these responses have very helpfully removed that temptation! :)

Back