Pretty Shifty!!!

nkabak

:
CX-7
After I had the update for the transmission which has smoothed out the shifting pattern, it seems to hang in 4th gear too long for my liking.

Now, suddenly, the transmission seems to downshift at strange intervals.
As an example, when going down a hill which I would normally be in 4th or 5th gear, the tranny decides to go into 3rd gear. Yes, I know that it will downshift if you step on the brake pedal, but this was on its own.

Has anyone else had this experience?

nkabak said:
After I had the update for the transmission which has smoothed out the shifting pattern, it seems to hang in 4th gear too long for my liking.

Now, suddenly, the transmission seems to downshift at strange intervals.
As an example, when going down a hill which I would normally be in 4th or 5th gear, the tranny decides to go into 3rd gear. Yes, I know that it will downshift if you step on the brake pedal, but this was on its own.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I can vouch that this is true since I go through the same s*** I regret ecu update buggy

I can't compare before and after since they performed the ECU update before they delivered my car.

But it does seem to hang on to 4th longer than I expect.

Also it seems in manual mode that it will downshift but the display will still say 6.

I have also had the ECU upgrade as of two weeks ago. I am not experiencing any of the 4th gear hang or the manual display staying at "6" during down shifting. I use manual every opportunity I get.

dirtyhat said:
I have also had the ECU upgrade as of two weeks ago. I am not experiencing any of the 4th gear hang or the manual display staying at "6" during down shifting. I use manual every opportunity I get.

Try puttin it in 6th and head up a moderately steep hill and try to maintain speed without downshifting. The revs jump so high it's hard to believe it's still in 6th.

Maybe it's just because I'm used to stick where the engine speed is completely locked to vehicle speed.

AWmustang said:
Maybe it's just because I'm used to stick where the engine speed is completely locked to vehicle speed.

I notice in 6th on a level highway it will coast at low revs, then jump up to around 2000 with a slight pressure of the pedal. There is a slight noticable bump when it does this. I guess it's a function of the transmission.

I've only had the update for just over a week. All in all it's an improvement.

Since it's a "learning" shift program, can any of these shifting behaviours be explained by this?

My point was that in a stick shift vehicle 60 mph = the exact same RPM no matter if you are coasting or got the pedal to the floor.

When I'm in manual mode with this auto the RPM's jump so much that it seems to have downshifted. But I guess there's really no way to know for sure.

Back