Power Windows close with a Thud

babun

:
2011 Mazda cx9 GT
Hi,
I recently purchased a 2011 Mazda CX9 GT. One thing I noticed from day 1 is that the windows close with a very loud thud. I have an Infiniti M35, where the windows auto close and have no sound at all. I do understand if there is some difference in the sound levels of the 2 vehicles, but in my CX9 it just seems abnormally loud.

It almost seems that the last bit (i'll say the last 2 inches), it just goes without any regulation.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

TIA

I think luxury cars have "fancier way" of closing/opening anything.
My old BMW unlocked the trunk with a graceful delay to show that it is no Toyota!
At the end, the actuator failed costing me $200 to replace. I think a steel cable
with last the life-time of the vehicle.

Anyway, I haven't tried the M35, but there is nothing wrong with your windows.
When windows roll up very slowly, then, you worry about the window regulators.
My CX9 does the same (with a thud). You should also hear a click-off (from auto-close feature)
right after the "thud".

Hi,
I recently purchased a 2011 Mazda CX9 GT. One thing I noticed from day 1 is that the windows close with a very loud thud. I have an Infiniti M35, where the windows auto close and have no sound at all. I do understand if there is some difference in the sound levels of the 2 vehicles, but in my CX9 it just seems abnormally loud.

It almost seems that the last bit (i'll say the last 2 inches), it just goes without any regulation.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

TIA

Keep an ear on this problem. Had similar issues and the dealership found the window actuator assembly nuts has loosened. The actuator was hanging on by a thread. Nuts had fallen completely off and could be heard rolling inside the door during braking.

Well, if there is abnormal noise, it is another story.
Closing with a "thud" is normal for CX9 in my opinion.

There is a soft thud right as they close. This is just the glass sliding into the top of the run channel, the overhead portion. The glass is sliding on the front and rear parts of the run channel, and then when it closes, it hits the top channel which is what that noise is. My wife's toyota solara 2 door coupe (not a convertible) had nothing on top of it. You would open the door and the top of the glass was the top of the door, so you didn't have that noise when the windows would close. Some cars just don't have a top to the run channel.

I probably will go to the dealership and get it checked out. The sound really seems abnormally loud.

Thanks for your replies all. It may just be normal and me being a little spoiled by my other car and thus over-reacting.

I checked my CX-9 2011 yesterday and do not have hardly any additional noise when they close.

Back