Power folding wing mirrors

WNJ

:
CX-5 2.2D (175PS) AWD Manual Sport-NAV + Safety Pack
I feel a bit stupid... how did i miss it for 8 months??? Turn the wing mirror control knob to 12 o'clock and the wing mirrors fold inwards!
Stood watching my car being serviced and the mechanic is making them open and close via this switch, i had no idea it could do it, although it also transpires my passenger side one is broken, motor buzzes away but no movement so has been booked back in for fixing!

Last edited:
That feature was probably just a victim of value engineering to get the vehicle to whatever price point they set. I'd really like this as well, specifically for the wife parking in our garage at home.

How did Mazda totally forget it for all of the US? :)

I'd love this feature in smaller parking lots.

You do get sunroofs (moonroof?!) though.... i'd trade the power fold wing mirrors for a sunroof!

You do get sunroofs (moonroof?!) though.... i'd trade the power fold wing mirrors for a sunroof!

Trade you my moon roof for the folding mirrors. I have rarely used it in any of my vehicles.

That feature was probably just a victim of value engineering to get the vehicle to whatever price point they set. I'd really like this as well, specifically for the wife parking in our garage at home.

Trade offs, we don't get the multimedia switch, which the US Mazda 6 has, led drl's, the Diesel (probably good since they are having issues with the oil), headlight washers (not a need but something cool to have imho), the lovely price they get across the pond 40k+ (US) for the diesal with tech package (sarcasm) and lane departure notification. They also have clear headlights, none of the yellow mess along with the rear fog light.

Last edited:
Wonder if they could be retrofit. New mirrors (with motor), switch, and wiring harness. Anyone have a UK or AUS parts manual?

I feel a bit stupid... how did i miss it for 8 months??? Turn the wing mirror control knob to 12 o'clock and the wing mirrors fold inwards!
Stood watching my car being serviced and the mechanic is making them open and close via this switch, i had no idea it could do it, although it also transpires my passenger side one is broken, motor buzzes away but no movement so has been booked back in for fixing!

I knew it has them and it took a while to suss them out. My old car had a separate button to fold mirrors which was much better. It is cool to have though!

It's typical not to have folding side mirrors switch in US cars. It's a cultural thing I guess... Japan has them pretty much standard. I wish Japanese auto makers would throw this into US market as a bonus. It was nice to have in Japan. Some were even automatic once you parked.

If I can't buy a CX-5 with out folding mirrors, then the car will never get into the garage, hence the option in the UK.

My double garage only has a 2.1M wide entrance, so I will have around 3" either side!

It's typical not to have folding side mirrors switch in US cars. It's a cultural thing I guess... Japan has them pretty much standard. I wish Japanese auto makers would throw this into US market as a bonus. It was nice to have in Japan. Some were even automatic once you parked.

We have much bigger parking spaces. We have spaces wide enough for full size trucks and huge SUVs such as Suburbans. You do not see anything that size in Europe or Asia. The width of their parking spaces are much smaller.

Hi new to forum...just spoke to my Mazda dealer in Melbourne,parts guy said KE CX 5 not released with foldaway mirrors ...looks like Euro/UK for retro fit ...if it'll go

If I can't buy a CX-5 with out folding mirrors, then the car will never get into the garage, hence the option in the UK.

My double garage only has a 2.1M wide entrance, so I will have around 3" either side!

The mirrors fold on all editions, this is about the option that motorizes that. On the occasion I park in my shed to escape the threat of hail, I fold them albeit manually.

Yeah right,try again...Ringwood Mazda ,Melbourne Parts guy said Power/Foldaway feature not released on KE CX 5 2014 in Aussie.. Sorry mate if I was a bit vague...

If you look at my post on the official speaker schematics it has every schematic of the 2016 cx5=== I do not know if it includes eu variants. I doubt it though. But you can look at any vehicle schematic you so please. ( it's at the bottom of the post.

Got hold of some OEM ... powered folding mirrors and window/mirror switch assy from Japan with a module from a-mark (not quite plug and play) but seems to work ok...Fitted them on the weekend all the wiring is in the doors but you need to run some twin cable from the passanger side to the drivers side Door Jams in order to pick up the wiring from the doors .biggest hassle is the mirror glass ...

Back