Power door lock problem

Mounty

:
03 MP5
Ok, I have tried searching the forum, hoping someone might have encountered this problem, but found nothing.

I have a 03 P5 with OEM alarm. The alarm works fine, but sometimes it will not unlock the hatch and the 3 other doors (passenger and the 2 rear). Likewise, it may not lock those 3 doors or the hatch when alarm is engaged by the remote and the LED is blinking about every second, which is normal.

I also have tried to lock and unlock the doors while driving using the lock button on the driver side, and sometimes, the same problem occur. The only door that always work is the driver door. Does anybody have any idea what is going on? If I play with the alarm long enough or by turning on the car and put into gear and out it back in park and turn off the car, all the locks work again usually. Help please...

had the same problem

I had the same problem with mine do you have a viper alarm by chance? that was the one i had. there was a problem with the grounding of one of my acuators<sp?> or somethign that would cause the other doors not to lock<back and hatch in my case>. I took the car to back to the place that installed my alarm and they corrected the problem in about 30 mins. Hopefully thats the same problem you have and if you had the alarm installed they should replace or fix it at no charge provided you have the recipet (cool)

I got this car about a month ago, and it has the factory Mazda alarm, you know the sensor under the dash and such. But the grounding of the actuator could be a problem there. Let me see if there is something about that here. Thanks.

Does it still do that ( not lock the other doors) when you hit the lock button twice to make the horn beep? You have to hit it twice to unlock them all once for drivers door.

Yep, I click it twice, and the turn signals blink, means it has gotten the signal, but nothing happen. I don't think it is the alarm because when you just want to lock or unlock using the button on the driver side while driving, it fails sometimes too. Also, I have reprogrammed the remotes too.

Bump

Anyone know why this only happen to the rear doors, passenger door and the hatch, but not the driver door? Does the driver door wire seperately from the rest because of the 2 steps unlocking of the keyless entry? Please help...

Last edited:
maybe a dumb question....but how many times do the blinkers blink when you try to open all the doors. for me, it'll blink twice to open the drivers door only and 3 times to open all doors.

ahb11m...ur sig was distracting me the whole time i was typing. funny stuff!

in the older ones they don't blink.... just get the horn for double lock and the interior light goes on and off with the locks

Fixed

Yes, they do and did blink. It wasn't the alarm. It is fixed now. It started happening after I install the DaveB rings, so it has something to do with tugging on some wires. So I went under the dashboard and made sure all the wires are intact, and they were, and it has been fine since. I don't know what I did right, but I don't care as long as it is working.

Oh, that happened when the car turned over 51,000 miles, isn't this great, just out of warranty!

This is interesting and old, but the exact same thing just started to happen with my car. Only for a little while though because the next day it was fine. Ghost in the machine.

Mine did a similar thing twice last winter, when it was VERY cold. Only the driver's door didn't unlock. Went in through the passenger's side and pressed the power lock button and it worked. No problems since, and it did get colder later, without ever happening again.

I live neer a river, may be a humidity thing.

Ok...it's become an issue now for me. I think a relay switch is going because all of a sudden the locking mechanism was activating over and over again on it's own. I also noticed a strange thing in that when I turned off my lights, the locks activated. Oh man.

altspace said:
Thanks. I'm bringing it to the dealer to check out.

Altspace, you seem to have a different problem than I did. I found the problem finally after much fuzz. The plastic harness under the steering wheel column came loose. The plastic "clip" was bent in, so I took a screw-driver and fixed it, it has been fine ever since.

Heh...this was awhile ago. Well after all kinds of weird things with the locks I brought it into the dealership and would you believe they could not duplicate the problem. Everything worked fine, and has been since then. Very odd indeed.

Back